SOUTH AFRICA: AfricaHunting/Wintershoek Safaris Hunt 2019

Congrats, you had a great hunt, with its ups and downs, but you know that´s hunting.

I have gone past the Wintershoek gate a couple of times, and will be hunting in the area in September.

Good report (y)
Thank you sir. It was my first time hunting in such wide open terrain. I really enjoyed it. Very fun to be able to spot animals from huge distances then figure out how to close on them. Very challenging too. That area is in a severe drought right now, there were late rains that made the few trees and bush very green and beautiful but it was too late for the grass to grow this year. Hope you have a great hunt in September.

Great report Mickey! Maybe she can talk my wife into going back so we can join you!

Great report Mickey! Maybe she can talk my wife into going back so we can join you!
Oh she’s already planning it for the four of us!

Glad you had a good hunt, sounds just great!

Thank you, yes it was great. I've been back a week and I can't get my head out of Africa.

Thank you, yes it was great. I've been back a week and I can't get my head out of Africa.
It will only get WORSE !!!!!

Really enjoyed your report. Thanks! And that gemsbuck and wildebeest are great trophies.

Really enjoyed your report. Thanks! And that gemsbuck and wildebeest are great trophies.
Thank you. Already excited to get them back and on the wall. My wife wasn’t even sure she wanted to mount a Wildebeest until she saw this one up close. Now she is having him done as a wall pedestal to show off the hide as well as the horns!

That was one hell of a report. Glad to hear its possible to have such an amazing adventure with your wife. This sounds exactly what i'm looking for as she is not interested in going with me on my backpacking trips in the western US or BC. I will definitely be adding Wintershoek Safaris to my list of places for our trip i'm planning for our anniversary Africa trip. Congratulations on your beautiful trophies.

Great report! Very enjoyable to read, and very real. Your emotions really came through. I am happy for you and glad you had such a wonderful trip.

That was one hell of a report. Glad to hear its possible to have such an amazing adventure with your wife. This sounds exactly what i'm looking for as she is not interested in going with me on my backpacking trips in the western US or BC. I will definitely be adding Wintershoek Safaris to my list of places for our trip i'm planning for our anniversary Africa trip. Congratulations on your beautiful trophies.
I think this is a can’t miss hunt for you and your wife. My wife has never been a hunter and I was unsure how she would enjoy a week of following me around. She is already planning to head back and see Nyara with Wintershoek.

Just got word that my crate is leaving RSA tomorrow. Be in Dallas by Friday. Too bad I can’t pick it up while I am at DSC.
Karen at African San Taxidermy delivered as promised. All 5 mounts finished and crated in less than 6 months. If it hadn’t hit the shipper on the holidays I would probably already have it.
Christmas a few weeks late!!

Looks like you guys had a great time!!! congrats!

just curious, relate it to hunting with kuche. similar, better, thinking about going back soon I hope and wondered if you would try different outfitters os stick with what you know?

Fine report......well done!..............Love the blue........................FWB

just curious, relate it to hunting with kuche. similar, better, thinking about going back soon I hope and wondered if you would try different outfitters os stick with what you know?
First it was very different country. Wide open. Probably not more game, just easier to see it. I did really enjoy the fact that it was one large property- 138,000 acres. We hunted from camp each day instead of spending the first 20-40 minutes driving to the hunting areas.
The lodge was over-the-top nice. But that comes with a different day fee too, so personal choice. I would say the staff and professionalism was very comparable. Both crews were top notch as far as I’m concerned.
The one big difference would be the associated taxidermist. Other than the butchered mane on my kudu I’m very happy with my stuff from Kuche. But the 2 year wait was ridiculous and communication was nonexistent. Koos tried to keep us up to date on the problems but really nothing from the taxidermist or exporter.
Karen at African San kept me up to date every step and answered every question within 24 hours. And my stuff will be in Dallas in less than 7 months! Plus their work is as good as anything I’ve seen.

I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt with Kuche again if I went back to Limpopo. I will hunt with Wintershoek again at some of their other properties.
My problem is now that I have seen some of Africa, I want to see all I can. I mentioned this to Koos last year in Dallas. To his credit, he put his hand on my shoulder and said “see all of it you can.”

Fine report......well done!..............Love the blue........................FWB
Thank you sir. The Blue was a great hunt and fine memory.
Funny I never had one on my wishlists before I went to Africa and now I’ve taken one on each of my trips. Very tough, fun hunt.

Picked up the crate today! The stuff from AfricanSan/ Wintershoek looks great. House is starting to look like a trophy room but Christina is getting a little anxious watching it fill up knowing I go for Eland in a few more months.:)
79954BFF-90D5-41F1-A1A9-E8BDCFF2F93E.jpeg

Glad you got your trophies home safe and sound.
Nice to see a happy hunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg