So, I found a knifemaker...

Tanks

AH ambassador
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
7,303
Reaction score
27,214
Media
128
Hunting reports
Africa
1
A friend of mine told me about this knifemaker overseas. I stopped at his shop last year and talked to him. An interesting guy, a fourth generation blacksmith. I mentioned that I'd like a unique knife and asked to have an elephant engraving to boot.

Well, he went all out. The knife is a couple of weeks out from being finished. Here are some pictures of the current state of the knife. I can't wait to have it in my hands. I have no idea how much it will cost, I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks. :unsure:

1705690794824.jpeg
1705690824856.jpeg
1705690846930.jpeg
1705690869918.jpeg
1705690885440.jpeg
1705690941035.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a nice one! I'm also looking forward to seeing it complete.
 
I’ll be honest. That’s about as useful as tits on a boar and to my mind just plain fugly.
 
That is one impressive knife!
This knife should have a picture taken cutting a tail :) A rigby double rifle next to it.

It is a bit an unconvential blade shape, but I like how the angles seem to remind one of the angular shapes of an old elephant bull's head. Especially it being damascus (like wrinkles)
 
It always amazes me how humans can imagine an object and then coordinate their hands and eyes to make that object. Tying my shoes is a major accomplishment for me. Looks like a great adventure in the making. :A Thumbs Up:
 
A friend of mine told me about this knifemaker overseas. I stopped at his shop last year and talked to him. An interesting guy, a fourth generation blacksmith. I mentioned that I'd like a unique knife and asked to have an elephant engraving to boot.

Well, he went all out. The knife is a couple of weeks out from being finished. Here are some pictures of the current state of the knife. I can't wait to have it in my hands. I have no idea how much it will cost, I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks. :unsure:

View attachment 581597View attachment 581598View attachment 581599View attachment 581600View attachment 581601View attachment 581602
The photos of the knife are interesting - But the photos of the knife Makers HANDS are fascinating and “tell a story”
 
A friend of mine told me about this knifemaker overseas. I stopped at his shop last year and talked to him. An interesting guy, a fourth generation blacksmith. I mentioned that I'd like a unique knife and asked to have an elephant engraving to boot.

Well, he went all out. The knife is a couple of weeks out from being finished. Here are some pictures of the current state of the knife. I can't wait to have it in my hands. I have no idea how much it will cost, I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks. :unsure:

View attachment 581597View attachment 581598View attachment 581599View attachment 581600View attachment 581601View attachment 581602
Looks badass. Unique design
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,312
Members
169,336
Latest member
JennyKneeb
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top