Snap caps

Backyardsniper

AH legend
Joined
Oct 4, 2016
Messages
2,017
Reaction score
5,087
Location
Kentucky
Media
7
Hunting reports
Africa
4
I interested in the difference in the various ones on the market. Lets take the 470 N.E. for example. They are available from $10 each from AZoom, $17 each from NECG, $69 each with what appears to be the exact same picture as the NECG from African sporting creations, or $109 per pair from Krieghoff. Is thier any difference in these or are they all the same? It seems they are necessary for double rifles.
I have dry fired my bolt guns a ton without them with no ill effects. Would an empty case with a used primer provide the same effect? Is thier a difference in the need for them in older double versus newer models like the krieghoff, which I suppose you would not need unless for practicing dry firing and reloads since the K-gun has a decocker anyway.
 
I bought some but they are not necessary in modern firearms.
 
The A-Zoom work just fine. Save your money for ammo.
 
I interested in the difference in the various ones on the market. Lets take the 470 N.E. for example. They are available from $10 each from AZoom, $17 each from NECG, $69 each with what appears to be the exact same picture as the NECG from African sporting creations, or $109 per pair from Krieghoff. Is thier any difference in these or are they all the same? It seems they are necessary for double rifles.
I have dry fired my bolt guns a ton without them with no ill effects. Would an empty case with a used primer provide the same effect? Is thier a difference in the need for them in older double versus newer models like the krieghoff, which I suppose you would not need unless for practicing dry firing and reloads since the K-gun has a decocker anyway.

Trader Keith has proper snap caps formed from original Berdan primed kynoch brass, springs installed, then nickel plated.

A zoom is a functional snap cap. The rest are proper for display in a case and they also function.
 
The A-Zoom work just fine. Save your money for ammo.
 
I have snap caps for every caliber I own (38 SPL - 458 Lott) and find them very useful when cycling, reloading practice and function checking. Got in the habit from having vintage shotguns where there is a danger of damage if they are not used.

The A-Zooms have work well for me but they do chip a bit. If your looking for them is a caliber that is not widely used buy them when you can. I had to settle for 458 Win because the Lott was no longer in production.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,918
Members
169,872
Latest member
LanoraKidw
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top