Siace Double Rifles

Shooter65

Reaction score
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Montana USA, BC Canada
Just wondering if anyone has any reports of the Saice Doubles, I am looking at the Siace Alaska in 45/70 for hunting pigs around the ligunm swamps here in Western Queensland. I made an enquiry to Siace about price as there was no distributor in Australia and they will do a left handed stock and a left handed action with ejector and double trigger for 600 euro extra. But i just want to know what other have herd about these rifles.

Cheers Chris.

S'65,

I have no personal experience or knowledge of/with the Siace, but do have a good friend in the U.S who has several of these, and has had many more previously.

If memory serves (and it rarely does these days) I believe he may even have 45/70 currently for sale.

I will ask him for his impressions and experience of these guns for you and pass on his response.

I should be able to get back to you in a couple of days or so.

Regards,

Paul.

Thanks Paul

I have a couple of their rifles, and a third one, a hammer double in .30-06 caliber, on Layaway; expecting to get it in another month or two. In addition to their small bore, up through .444 Marlin, .45-70, .30-06, etc., they make a special big bore sxs double rifle in many of the classic big bore calibers--they have a nice website, showing all guns/rifles they make. All their rifles/guns are hand made; hand engraved by best Italian engravers, to order. They are made by the S.A.I.E. Italian firm owned by two brothers, who work with the firm, one in metalworking; the other in the stocking. Their two, or more sons also work for the firm, along with one of their daughters who manages the business end, because, get this, she has a PhD from a University in Ireland, and she speaks fluently, English, with a strong Irish accent, and she also, of course, speaks fluent Italian--she is the one who answers emails, I believe, and speaks to customers on phone. Great rifles/guns. They are imported by Griffin and Howe, and by Cherry's guns, as well as by others, I am sure.

very interesting, how well are these rifles regulated? how is the accuracy?

I could see a 8x57 JRS in my future.

-matt

Mine are well regulated, or I wouldn't own them, meaning they consistently shoot within 2" or less at 50 yards and beyond. Since the makers are comparatively small time makers in Italy, and make them all by hand, they seem to be able to do the job right. However, I don't have a large enough sample to say for certain that all their rifles are well regulated.

Any up-date on this thread Chris ?

If you want a double in 45-70, I would be so boring and cheap and buy the Baikal 221 Double rifle and get the triggers a bit worked on by a skilled gun smith.
But if you are a lefty, that could be a problem as I have no idea if Baikal makes a lefty version.

I have a SIACE in 9.3x74R. It was built for Luxus Arms and it was a bit light and barrel heavy. There is a 1/4 rib, articulated front trigger and I made a leather covered recoil pad to adjust LOP. The engraving is nice and the wood is some of the best I have ever seen on a double rifle. After a Mercury suppressor in the buttstock it is perfectly balanced and recoil is moderate. It has never had mechanical issues and is accurate. The only issue is the 12mm dovetail scope base that came with it. I talked with the SIACE people and they recommended MAK mounts but they did not fit. If anyone knows some one that makes scope rings for this base - I would be grateful for the info.

Rick Hill
luxus-9mm-full-left.jpg

Beautiful rifle Rick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg