Hyde Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
life member NRA,CowBoy Fast Draw
well just got notified my shipment is ready to fly home by Badger Lauriston never even told me it was ready to go yet, oh well be happy to get it. cost is 3200.00 to Chicago, Ill 3 shoulder mounts, Kudu,Sable,Zebra 2 euro Warthogs a Zebra back skin felt lined and a Cape Buffalo euro mount with mount. question? has anyone who purchased insurance and had a claim been reimbursed for damage and if so how did it work and is it worth the 200.00 cost to get? thanks

Would be a waste of $200.

Yes, it's worth it. This past December my shipment was damged. Mine was skull and horn damage. I got a quote from the taxidermist on what it would cost to fix my giraffe skull, sable horn cracks, and a complete baboon skull replacement. Sent the quote and pictures of the the damge and I got the quote amount wired to my bank account. Was a simple process and painless.

Yes, it's worth it. This past December my shipment was damged. Mine was skull and horn damage. I got a quote from the taxidermist on what it would cost to fix my giraffe skull, sable horn cracks, and a complete baboon skull replacement. Sent the quote and pictures of the the damge and I got the quote amount wired to my bank account. Was a simple process and painless.
who was the shipper and who paid you? who caused the damage?

Badger was the shipper. They called me immediately about the damage. They submitted my insuance claim for me. I provided them the documentation via email and they took care of the rest. I only had skulls, horns and hides in my shipment. I paid less than $200 for the insurance and i recieved over $1,000 for the giraffe skull repair, sable horn repair, and they paid for a full replacement on the baboon skull.

I forgot to answer who caused the damage. Badger did when loading it in SA. My crate fell off the forklift, they called me immediately and told me what happened. They apologized for the misshap and gave me options on what I could do.

Badger was the shipper. They called me immediately about the damage. They submitted my insuance claim for me. I provided them the documentation via email and they took care of the rest. I only had skulls, horns and hides in my shipment. I paid less than $200 for the insurance and i recieved over $1,000 for the giraffe skull repair, sable horn repair, and they paid for a full replacement on the baboon skull.
thank you

Before you make a decision there are threads on here on same subject. Specific incident above is first one I have read with an actual payout. ALL the rest have turned into blame games and NOBODY paid.

Never paid any extra insurance for my shipments. I know how world is in 2024 and do not really think most companies would own up to damege and pay out. I do think all would blame others to NOT pay out.

Your decision. Maybe a little research ask very specific questions to all involved and see responses.

MB.

Before you make a decision there are threads on here on same subject. Specific incident above is first one I have read with an actual payout. ALL the rest have turned into blame games and NOBODY paid.

Never paid any extra insurance for my shipments. I know how world is in 2024 and do not really think most companies would own up to damege and pay out. I do think all would blame others to NOT pay out.

Your decision. Maybe a little research ask very specific questions to all involved and see responses.

MB.
I agree I also think it would be blaming each other

I agree I also think it would be blaming each other
Blaming is talked about in the other threads on shipping insurance. Not my fault? Mine either? Must be someone else's fault.

Damaged shipment and Canadian import rules were the reason I used a plastic SA fruit/fish tub for my shipment fall 2023. No way a forklift could pierce unless deliberate. Was also cheaper than the 15% wood crate quote. Another point for not getting extra insurance.,

MB

decided against paying for insurance, did not like the idea of having 7 days after receiving to take pictures, take mounts to a taxidermist 100 mile plus form home to get an estimate for repairs. thanks for the reply

Plus 1., Pay the cost and put your mind at ease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeroldBonn

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.