Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
RMEF, DU, NRA
Hunted
US, Canada, South Africa
My first safari was in March, 2023. I took all the animals on my list, Kudu, Gemsbok, Zebra, Nyala. Plus some extras Steenbok, Blesbok and Springbok.

This next trip will be for some odds and ends that I saw last time. I don't have room for any more taxidermy, only photos of the animals taken in Africa. My package includes Blue Wildebeast, Red Hartebeast, Warthog, Impala and a Zebra (thrown in for free). I may add to the list when I am there if opportunities come along, any suggestions ?

I am going with a friend who has the same package but will be adding a Gemsbok. This will be a lot of shooting for two guys in 6 days. My wife is coming with as an observer, she was with on the last trip.

I always said I wanted a Sable on my next trip but since I can't do a shoulder mount I'm going to pass.

We leave next March for Limpopo. We're taking a 4 day tour at Victoria Falls after the 6 days of hunting.

Is it too soon to look at airfare ? I used Travel Express last time and plan on using them again. Arriving on the United flight in the evening, overnight at Citi Lodge and to camp the next morning. Rifle Permits will hold our hands from the plane through customs to the hotel lobby.

My first safari was in March, 2023. I took all the animals on my list, Kudu, Gemsbok, Zebra, Nyala. Plus some extras Steenbok, Blesbok and Springbok.

This next trip will be for some odds and ends that I saw last time. I don't have room for any more taxidermy, only photos of the animals taken in Africa. My package includes Blue Wildebeast, Red Hartebeast, Warthog, Impala and a Zebra (thrown in for free). I may add to the list when I am there if opportunities come along, any suggestions ?

I am going with a friend who has the same package but will be adding a Gemsbok. This will be a lot of shooting for two guys in 6 days. My wife is coming with as an observer, she was with on the last trip.

I always said I wanted a Sable on my next trip but since I can't do a shoulder mount I'm going to pass.

We leave next March for Limpopo. We're taking a 4 day tour at Victoria Falls after the 6 days of hunting.

Is it too soon to look at airfare ? I used Travel Express last time and plan on using them again. Arriving on the United flight in the evening, overnight at Citi Lodge and to camp the next morning. Rifle Permits will hold our hands from the plane through customs to the hotel lobby.
Congratulations!!!! Like all of us the bug has bitten you! Never hurts to check on airfares as soon as available.

Normally you need to be within 11 months before booking flights. I normally book 9 months out.

Be prepared for sticker shock when you start looking up flights!

Lots of water should be going over Vic Falls in March. Get one of those cheap rain ponchos to wear as the mist from the falls will soak you.

Awesome have fun!

What outfitter are you hunting with?

Airlines usually start releasing seats for booking 1 year out…

Don’t forget the hunt report for us when you get back :D

Look at doing a couple night hunts for the small predators.

Good luck. However get ready for very warm weather and rain in March.

We'd be happy to help again! Flights will open 11 months from your return, but feel free to reach out with any questions prior.

Hello Travel Express! We will be in contact soon. Flying from Sioux Falls or Minneapolis (only if we have to) to Johannesburg. and back.

You did a great job for us in 2023 and we will be happy to hire your services again.

Our PH is Kirabo Safaris.

HI @Stormy Kromer it would be great to help you again, looking forward to chatting soon! Just give us a call and we can get details.

You can always do euro mounts of the skulls and then have the hides shipped to you and as space comes available for some reason you can always have something mounted.
Personally I can’t ever see me shooting a trophy sized animal and not bringing something home. Many feel different but that’s just me.

Glad to see you are going back to Africa, when I first went I thought I would be one and done but the bug bit me too!

As for other suggestions on what to hunt, I love Waterbucks, I have shot 3 different spices of Waterbuck. Since you have a blue wildebeest you could go for a black wildebeest. Common and mountain reedbuck and some of the tiny 10 like the klipspringer or the duiker might be good options as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuong0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.