SCI GOLD SPIRAL HORNED AND SABLE

If you're a sheep hunter or chukar hunter you can handle anything! The loose sand can still be a bit of a challenge though along with the much warmer weather than you're used to on sheep hunts. You won't need as much Motrin but you will need to carry more water! :)

thanks wildrose for your help and I like the Aleve better for my back :)
ps if you can run in Africa then you can climb go shoot some mtn animals

If you hunt sheep you will have no trouble hunting plains game in africa. Most ph will hunt at your pace and make the hunt go to what the hunter can handle.

I sent you a pm and feel free to ask anything else you may need info on.

If you hunt sheep you will have no trouble hunting plains game in africa. Most ph will hunt at your pace and make the hunt go to what the hunter can handle.

I sent you a pm and feel free to ask anything else you may need info on.
The good one's most certainly will. The only negative experience I had on my entire trip was one day with a "PH" and I put that in parenthesis because there was nothing professional about him who's idea of sneaking up on game was to blindly go rushing through the bush as fast as he could and then got indignant when I wouldn't fling lead at running animals we'd spooked.

Had a long talk with his boss before we left.

A PH/Guide's first priority is to ensure the safety and comfort of the client and you can't do that if you aren't even paying attention to them. The next most important duty is to ensure they are having a good time and you sure can't do that either if you're trying to impress them with how tough you are.

Fortunately in Africa most places you go they have actual standards that a PH must meet or he won't be working much or very long.

@billc , you totally correct, a PH must be able to read the pace that is comfortable for the client.

Only problem I had was my guide in Wyoming. I think he always chose a fast horse and gave me a slow one. Then would cut a branch for me to hit mine with. I just walked along at my horses pace. Still got a big elk. Talking to the other hunters in camp (many of them repeaters) they told me that they do the same thing. Figured the guides could just wait for them. We all got really nice bulls and enjoyed our pace at hunting.

And, don't get me wrong, I am ready to pick up the pace and move when needed. But, part of getting out and hunting is to slow down and smell the roses!

And, don't get me wrong, I am ready to pick up the pace and move when needed. But, part of getting out and hunting is to slow down and smell the roses!

I like that.....

This is one of the best statements ever made here.

The good PHs and outfitters get this and don't have to have it explained to them.

yeah I hear you guys on that on my last sheep hunt had a couple of young guides that could go up mts like I did when I was in my 20's but not in 50's! told them to slow down or they might get a flesh wound in the leg to slow them up. they got it and were awesome kids and impressed a pain in ass 50 something could still back pack hunt in mtn for sheep, got a nice bighorn too.
the good ones listen to the client and deliver as it is our hunt and they are in the customer service business too

the good ones listen to the client and deliver as it is our hunt and they are in the customer service business too

Buckdog, I totally agree with you, but they must also still stay in control of the hunt.

anyone know anything about Clayton Fletcher and Tinashe outfitters he is over in the northwest by the Kalahari? is that a good area for the big boys? says he has 30,000acres.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaeger Fischer

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.