Sauer 404 XT 9.3X62 as my next rifle..

soumya sarkar

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I have finally decided to pull the trigger and buy Sauer 404 in 9.3X62 XT in synthetic stock that comes in a package along with a 2nd 243 barrel. Package comes with mounts, slings and case and I'm adding a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 BT scope totalling to 6K.
Any thoughts suggestions welcome..

I have a Sauer 404 in .404 Jeffery, really nice gun, but mounting the scope was very difficult and the gun arrived without iron sites - I had to send it back to have them installed.

Yes Sir, another reason I like to have everything fitted and tried at the store personally before buying. Hate to have things sent back and forth and have to wait...
Thanks for your feedback.

I wish the 404 had taken off faster, it’s a wonderful gun. The cost/availability of barrels makes it tough to commit to, and the accessories make Blaser look cheap.

Yes, I have a 470 NE,I plan on adding a 375 barrel in the future..hopefully in a year or two..

I think you've made a fine choice. The 9.3 is a special favourite cartridge of mine. The .243 can do the light duty jobs well enough. If I didn't already have a rack full of fine hunting rifles, I may have been happy with the Sauer 404 system and a few barrels. They seem more slim and elegant than their only real competitor, the Blaser R8. Both are well made and precise. Happy Hunting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you