Saskatoon Hotel Hosting African Events is under attack by Antis

Anybody send anything to S.O Asher Consultants?

Wheels may have and who knows how many others.
Get after it. Join in.:V Boxing:

A
Wheels may have and who knows how many others.
Get after it. Join in.:V Boxing:

Already sent letter to Saskatoon Inn & chamber of commerce, and Calgary venue. Shall I send your letter to all contacts at S.O Asher?

Anybody send anything to S.O Asher Consultants?

Yes. No response from them. Maybe they are proud of her, maybe not. Most business owners don't want this type of attention drawn to the business. The Saskatoon Chamber of C. was CC'd as well. I don't believe Asher is a member though. The more people in town that know what is going on the better IMHO. Who knows, the owner of Asher may be up for the Weatherby Award, never know.:D

I sent this to Lana Stark and cc'd all of her co-workers. I tried to be polite (out of character for me) and direct (much is my character :sneaky: ).

Lana

I have cc'd your co-workers to show that there are many lives that your arrogance has directly affected. If they support you in your beliefs I hope that support is with an educated and formed opinion which is something you have yet to accomplish. Just remember if those co-workers were dependent on you and you pulled the plug on your business think of the consequences. You have done the same to those village people, and tribes who benefit from a harvested animal. It's not about trophy's it's about those who benefit from the harvest. People, old and young get to eat. They are going to kill the animal anyway which is done usually by spear, or arrow, and for those that can afford it by gun. The animal most likely will be poached as well. The carcass will be left to rot. What a waste when it could have been effectively used to feed many.

We are so blessed in this country to go to the supermarket and get what we need. Those living in the game parks and wilderness don't have that luxury.

It appalls me to see that an individual can lie and shed untruths about a subject they know nothing about. I see only arrogant selfish personal gain at the forefront of the argument. I question your motives.

I agree you have a right to an opinion. When you cross that line using obvious deceit, and deception that is when you forfeit that right.

Did you take into account those whose lives your selfishness affects? It is really a shame that you think more of your own personal gain than those of your fellow man.

Your line of work is no different. Gambling is gambling no matter how it's perceived. Encouraging people to waste their money on a miniscule chance they may win while padding your bottom line.

Just remember what goes around comes around. Negative publicity is a very bad thing for business.

Julian

Seems as though they have an office in Toronto (416-251-4720). Got an out of office reply from one individual

Sending Brickburn's video to Animal Rights groups. Joining their forums to be a pest :D

This link is to help folks from "elsewhere" understand the education provided in the city of Toronto on the subject of Biodiversity.

http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro.../Biodiversity_MammalsToronto_Tagged_Final.pdf

Every carnivore has been eradicated from Toronto.
Not shocking, it happens anywhere a city is created. Large carnivores are not compatible with human habitation. Ask some of the folks in the grass huts where Lions and Hyena still live.

How many of these people would like a Wolf running around there homes? (anyone that knows they are not a domestic dogs)

Can they understand what is transpiring in their own city, county, province or country?
How can they possibly relate to people in Africa.

All the Vegan's think they are not hurting animals because they don't draw blood.
HABITAT destruction, as explained in the document, is the PRIMARY cause of extirpation from their own back yard.
The relationship of their choices to the impact on wildlife is not direct enough for them to comprehend.
They are so disconnected from their food sources it is incomprehensible

So, Tofu eaters, do you see a lot of wildlife in this Soybean field???
07-07soybeans-in-july1.jpg

Hmmm. I was OK with it until (bolded red section)
The PetSmart retail chain is very smart with its charitable activities. PetSmart Charities envisions "a lifelong, loving home for every pet" by "creating and supporting programs that save the lives of homeless pets and promote healthy relationships between people and pets." Some of these include adoption programs (5 million pets adopted through PSC as of June 2012), providing spaying and neutering services to address overpopulation, running emergency relief programs that care for animals in disasters or abuse situations, and giving pets new homes through the Our Rescue Waggin' program. PSC also partners with local animal welfare agencies across the country and Canada in these and other areas. Grants are also given by PSC; the organization has given $134 million to qualifying groups and individuals. Resources made available by PSC include webinars, newsletters, conferences, agency administration, humane education, and veterinary training opportunities.
Think they need to talk to PETA about edumacating them about PETA killing cats and dogs just because.

Do they say with whom they partner?

Do they say with whom they partner?
Digging through their website is a pain in the butt, but one recipient is the Animal Defense League of Texas.
I got no problem with these types of organizations working towards decent lives for dogs & cats etc. It's when they cross the line and support groups who malign the hunting industry that gets my goat. I used to support MADD until they stuck their nose into gun control. That ended that.
I did find a financial page that lists those organizations who support the Petsmart Charities.

Always good to know the policies of the firms you make your purchases at!

This is worse than we South Africans ever imagined... well, in my case FOR SURE!! And I have a brother and sister that both live in Canada..

This is worse than we South Africans ever imagined... well, in my case FOR SURE!! And I have a brother and sister that both live in Canada..
Well what's needed is for those in the affected countries in Africa to get on the bandwagon as well. PH's, game preserves, gov'ts or municipalities whose economy is affected. It would give more credibility to what we are fighting for. We can "thump our chests" till the cows come home but when those who are directly affected chime in it "ups the ante".

It takes very few LOUD people to get attention with the internet.

Wildlife federations supports hunting expo that was pulled from hotel

by THE CANADIAN PRESS

Last Updated Dec 16, 2015 at 10:40 pm EST

SASKATOON – The Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation has waded into a debate over an African Hunting Expo that has been pulled from the calendar of a Saskatoon hotel.

The expo by African Events Canada and African Hunting Gazette was to be held next month at the Saskatoon Inn and Conference Centre but the hotel has confirmed the event has been cancelled, though it has not said why.

Lana Stark, who started an online petition against the event, says it is unethical for hunters to target animals such as rhinos, lions, elephants, giraffes and hippos.

On Wednesday, the SWF said it would had planned to hold a national conference at the Saskatoon Inn in a few years but will look for another venue out of support for the hunting expo.

Executive director Darrell Crabbe says the hotel is painting all hunters with the same brush.

He says not all hunting in Africa, in Canada or anywhere is bad, adding that licence fees from hunters and anglers help fund Saskatchewan animal conservation and research efforts.

A Holiday Inn in Toronto last week cancelled its participation in a similar event after an animal justice lawyer organized an online petition.

The killing of Cecil the lion by a U.S. big-game hunter in Zimbabwe last summer drew international condemnation and sparked outrage among animal conservationists and politicians.

“Trophy hunters say they are conservationists helping local communities. I don’t think you are if you pay money to shoot an animal, and there must be less destructive ways to save a species,” says Stark.

“If you’re putting a price tag on their heads, make it about eco-tourism. Have safaris, tours and photography. People want to see these majestic animals.”

Crabbe says it is sad that negative stories about trophy hunting and poachers has painted all hunting as being a bad practice.

Crabbe invites all hunters and anglers in the province to follow SWF’s lead and no longer support the Saskatoon Inn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross