Sako Safari .375 H&H

Papadoc

AH member
Reaction score
I have a used, but used very little, Sako Safari in .375 H&H. These particular rifles are fairly rare, but one in this condition is REALLY rare. I'm not sure of the round count, but the gun is in pristine condition. It is ported, which I didn't realize until today as I was taking photos! No scratches or dings, very nice wood for a production model. It does have the original box, if I can find it after the move. Quarter rib with one standing, one folding, and a nice hooded front ramp sight. The rifle has a 13 7/8 (approximate) LOP. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Trying to pay for another Safari! $2995.00 shipped to your dealer.

tempImagewOkFE0.png
tempImageRtgCPu.png
tempImageOPySqp.png
tempImageWRNE0d.png
tempImagexLmpEl.png
tempImagelGjNs2.png
tempImagetTam7p.png
tempImaged0XVs1.png
tempImageHhqBfk.png
tempImagekQLHPz.png
tempImageoKLP2T.png
tempImageCAfTl4.png
tempImageFSAamu.png
tempImagenH5pb0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats pretty, I bet it wont last long

Thank you 62flint! It is pretty. Most of them that I've seen have been fairly plain.

Could you upload the photos differently? I have 370 Mbps download speed but can’t see any of them. They all fail to load. I also can’t see a thumbnail on your thread in the classifieds section for some reason.

I can e mail them to you, if you will pm me your address. Or I can text them to you. I don't know how I would upload them differently however.

I have a used, but used very little, Sako Safari in .375 H&H. These particular rifles are fairly rare, but one in this condition is REALLY rare. I'm not sure of the round count, but the gun is in pristine condition. It is ported, which I didn't realize until today as I was taking photos! No scratches or dings, very nice wood for a production model. It does have the original box, if I can find it after the move. Quarter rib with one standing, one folding, and a nice hooded front ramp sight. The rifle has a 13 7/8 (approximate) LOP. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Trying to pay for another Safari! $2995.00 shipped to your dealer.

View attachment 551212View attachment 551213View attachment 551214View attachment 551215View attachment 551216View attachment 551217View attachment 551218View attachment 551219View attachment 551220View attachment 551221View attachment 551222View attachment 551223View attachment 551224View attachment 551225
I have the same rifle and it's ported also That must have been done in the factory.

These are really nice rifles. I love the quarter rib they did in the AIVs. I don’t know why they stopped doing it when they switched to producing the .375s on the AV actions. I don’t know if Sako was ever porting these themselves (seems doubtful) or if maybe a distributor was porting some as they were brought into the US? Looks like you have some talley bases on yours…did you remove the front sight hood so it wouldn’t be seen through a scope? The smaller bead sight on those models is vastly better than the giant white dot they started using on the 85s.

Except for the bases, I haven't done anything to the rifle. I heartily agree with you on the front sight!

please PM im interested in purchasing it

By far the most beautiful stock I've seen on a Safari. Are you sure it is original? Looks like the recoil pad is leather covered, and I don't think the pistol grip cap is standard from the factory either (could have been an 'extra' option of course). Also, I don't think porting of the barrel was standard. My guess is that a previous owner spent some money on a few extras.

Too bad they didn't make them in left-hand. Otherwise, I would've had one already.

feel free to text me or call me [redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonteDacey

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.