Safe in Cape Town

steve71

AH senior member
Joined
Sep 17, 2023
Messages
55
Reaction score
113
Media
5
I am planning a return hunt to South Africa in April 2026. My wife would like us to spend a few day in Cape Town this time also visit Kruger. How safe is Cape Town now with the present problems?
 
It’s been almost 2 years since my last trip but unless you are driving into a township, I wouldn’t be worried. I’m planning a trip in 2026 and unless something really changes I have no concerns.

Gardens, Sea Point and Camps bay are all areas I would be surprised if you weren’t comfortable walking around.

Compared to NYC, Chicago or Houston I think Cape Town is equally safe from the standpoint of - if you aren’t in bad areas or doing “dumb” things you should be perfectly safe.

Happy to answer more questions via PM as well.
 
Any recommendations on local guides in Capetown would be appreciated
 
I used a local tour guide service, Ilios Travel, for meet and greet at the airport and also for an all day private tour of Cape Town and the surrounding area. Wonderful and well worth it.



 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,000
Members
169,681
Latest member
MarynJoees
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top