Sabatti double rifle hunt

norfolkliar

New member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
5
Member of
nra
V__0635(2).jpg
Finally had a chance to try my sabatti out on some large game. Performed flawlessly. 60 yard running shot, the bullet hit the mark right where I aimed. The weight of a the sabatti was nice to carry around weighs less than my wife's 470 capstick. Anybody else out there hunted with sabatti double rifles or a 470 capstick? Would like to see pictures.
 
Consider yourself lucky to have one that shot straight! Where were you hunting?
 
Last month hunted a Cape Buffalo with my 450NE (it regulates best with 500gr swift aframes at 2175-2200.) See the pics in the hunt report section under 125mile Cape Buffalo with Authentic African Adventures. Sounds like you also have a good double:)
 
you guys are lucky... my Sabatti was absolute junk! It was a PITA to get to regulate at all and in the end the action seized up rendering the gun a very expensive paper weight.

-matt
 
you guys are lucky... my Sabatti was absolute junk! It was a PITA to get to regulate at all and in the end the action seized up rendering the gun a very expensive paper weight.

-matt

Dude, you are cursed. But, no doubt, AHR will be immune from such (as has been Winchester, and their new M70).
 
Dude, you are cursed. But, no doubt, AHR will be immune from such (as has been Winchester, and their new M70).

according to my research the issues i had with my Sabatti were pretty standard. i found at least 4 other reviews online with similar issues. i actually got lucky from the stand point that my rifle didnt have ground barrels.

-matt
 
Some guys got good guns for cheap prices....and others did not.
 
I have shot 3 different Sabatti's the 45/70 and 2 different 450NE's and had very good luck, and they were very well regulated. I was able to improve the factory groups with working my reload a little faster in my 450NE and my buddies was same speed and the 45/70 grouped about the same minute of moose and bear to 100. It seems that the first batches that Cabelas got weren't that good but the subsequent shipments all have been regulated well in my experience.
 
I have two Sabatti doubles (9.3x74r and 450 nitro) and couldnt be happier. both are regulated like a dream. i guess i got lucky, but both guns i bought had the original regulation target so i had an idea what i was buying. i wouldnt hesitate to buy another one as long as i could see how it regulates/pics of the muzzle to check for dremel work/etc
 
View attachment 43787 Finally had a chance to try my sabatti out on some large game. Performed flawlessly. 60 yard running shot, the bullet hit the mark right where I aimed. The weight of a the sabatti was nice to carry around weighs less than my wife's 470 capstick. Anybody else out there hunted with sabatti double rifles or a 470 capstick? Would like to see pictures.
I have two, my fellow Sabatti owner, but have not had the opportunity to shoot other than the range. I am so glad you are enjoying yours as there are many naysayers out there. I love mine...
 
View attachment 43787 Finally had a chance to try my sabatti out on some large game. Performed flawlessly. 60 yard running shot, the bullet hit the mark right where I aimed. The weight of a the sabatti was nice to carry around weighs less than my wife's 470 capstick. Anybody else out there hunted with sabatti double rifles or a 470 capstick? Would like to see pictures.
Should I buy new

Sabatti Big Five Classic Safari EDL Side by Side Centerfire Rifle 470ne​

 
Should I buy new

Sabatti Big Five Classic Safari EDL Side by Side Centerfire Rifle 470ne​

 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,357
Messages
1,574,066
Members
169,895
Latest member
PatriceWal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top