Sabatti double rifle hunt

norfolkliar

Reaction score
Member of
nra
V__0635(2).jpg
Finally had a chance to try my sabatti out on some large game. Performed flawlessly. 60 yard running shot, the bullet hit the mark right where I aimed. The weight of a the sabatti was nice to carry around weighs less than my wife's 470 capstick. Anybody else out there hunted with sabatti double rifles or a 470 capstick? Would like to see pictures.

Consider yourself lucky to have one that shot straight! Where were you hunting?

you guys are lucky... my Sabatti was absolute junk! It was a PITA to get to regulate at all and in the end the action seized up rendering the gun a very expensive paper weight.

-matt

you guys are lucky... my Sabatti was absolute junk! It was a PITA to get to regulate at all and in the end the action seized up rendering the gun a very expensive paper weight.

-matt

Dude, you are cursed. But, no doubt, AHR will be immune from such (as has been Winchester, and their new M70).

Dude, you are cursed. But, no doubt, AHR will be immune from such (as has been Winchester, and their new M70).

according to my research the issues i had with my Sabatti were pretty standard. i found at least 4 other reviews online with similar issues. i actually got lucky from the stand point that my rifle didnt have ground barrels.

-matt

Some guys got good guns for cheap prices....and others did not.

I have shot 3 different Sabatti's the 45/70 and 2 different 450NE's and had very good luck, and they were very well regulated. I was able to improve the factory groups with working my reload a little faster in my 450NE and my buddies was same speed and the 45/70 grouped about the same minute of moose and bear to 100. It seems that the first batches that Cabelas got weren't that good but the subsequent shipments all have been regulated well in my experience.

I have two Sabatti doubles (9.3x74r and 450 nitro) and couldnt be happier. both are regulated like a dream. i guess i got lucky, but both guns i bought had the original regulation target so i had an idea what i was buying. i wouldnt hesitate to buy another one as long as i could see how it regulates/pics of the muzzle to check for dremel work/etc

View attachment 43787 Finally had a chance to try my sabatti out on some large game. Performed flawlessly. 60 yard running shot, the bullet hit the mark right where I aimed. The weight of a the sabatti was nice to carry around weighs less than my wife's 470 capstick. Anybody else out there hunted with sabatti double rifles or a 470 capstick? Would like to see pictures.
I have two, my fellow Sabatti owner, but have not had the opportunity to shoot other than the range. I am so glad you are enjoying yours as there are many naysayers out there. I love mine...

View attachment 43787 Finally had a chance to try my sabatti out on some large game. Performed flawlessly. 60 yard running shot, the bullet hit the mark right where I aimed. The weight of a the sabatti was nice to carry around weighs less than my wife's 470 capstick. Anybody else out there hunted with sabatti double rifles or a 470 capstick? Would like to see pictures.
Should I buy new

Sabatti Big Five Classic Safari EDL Side by Side Centerfire Rifle 470ne​

Should I buy new

Sabatti Big Five Classic Safari EDL Side by Side Centerfire Rifle 470ne​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross