SAA to lease A350s

Maybe this is part of a turnaround strategy. I think most of us that fly these long haul routes would cheer any new plane! Many of us are waiting to see when Delta refurbishes the DL 200/201 777’s or replaces them with one of the Airbus planes. I’ve scoured he internet and asked flight attendants about Deltas plans to no avail. Press releases said all 777’s were to be refurbished last year. That was not close to being true and still no news. The reason I was so interested is that there will be a real Premium Economy on the new Delta planes giving us another option besides the 5 figure Business Class.
Regards,
Philip

Maybe this is part of a turnaround strategy. I think most of us that fly these long haul routes would cheer any new plane! Many of us are waiting to see when Delta refurbishes the DL 200/201 777’s or replaces them with one of the Airbus planes. I’ve scoured he internet and asked flight attendants about Deltas plans to no avail. Press releases said all 777’s were to be refurbished last year. That was not close to being true and still no news. The reason I was so interested is that there will be a real Premium Economy on the new Delta planes giving us another option besides the 5 figure Business Class.
Regards,
Philip

Phillip I have been researching the same on Deltas 777 fleet. However, if you go on the Delta booking site and try booking a flight next year on Flt 200/201 you will see on 28 business class tickets available which s the new configuration! I am still trying to verify as you are that the whole fleet will be updated this year.

Phillip I have been researching the same on Deltas 777 fleet. However, if you go on the Delta booking site and try booking a flight next year on Flt 200/201 you will see on 28 business class tickets available which s the new configuration! I am still trying to verify as you are that the whole fleet will be updated this year.
Charlie
Thanks for the info. A while back I was doing the same thing! I just never got to the dates where the change must be.
I have so many hunts lined up it may be a while before I’m back on DL200 but I really hope for a new or refurbished plane. There is an outside chance they may buy a new Airbus for that route due to fuel savings but they say that due to no competition on that route the fuel savings is not as important to delta as other routes.
Let us know if you get any more news on this.
Regards,
Philip

Charlie
Thanks for the info. A while back I was doing the same thing! I just never got to the dates where the change must be.
I have so many hunts lined up it may be a while before I’m back on DL200 but I really hope for a new or refurbished plane. There is an outside chance they may buy a new Airbus for that route due to fuel savings but they say that due to no competition on that route the fuel savings is not as important to delta as other routes.
Let us know if you get any more news on this.
Regards,
Philip

Will do Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMR0728

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double