Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Snagged this beauty off the net from an Idaho shop. No box or papers but man is it nice. Bore is super clean, nice Circassian walnut stocks, high polish bluing, red pad. Barrel is 26 inches. Came with the new Redfield scope and rings. Spots on the receiver are reflections from my camera! High polish! Hope to shoot it next week.
IMG_2492.JPG
IMG_2493.JPG
IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2496.JPG
IMG_2491.JPG

Nice !
I've got to add a No. 1 to the collection one of these days.

They are a favorite of mine. I have them in .257 Roberts, 7x57, this .300, 9.3x74R and the custom .404 Jeffery. Have also had, 6.5x55, .303 British, .405 Win, .450-400NE., and probably a couple of others that I can't remember! All have shot very well.

Beautiful gun, I hope its shooter. Leupold made those scopes for Redfield, but I have not liked them very much.

Super nice gun in a great caliber.I picked one up in 243 for my son to shoot.I think it happens to be a great gun for youth shooters as well.It is a" must own " in my mind.
I will echo enysse's opinion on the Redfield scope though.I bought one and it was fine picked up another and is blurry at any distance sent it back to Leupold and they sent it back and said it was within specs,weird.
Congratulations on the cool gun!Can't have too many of the classics.

This Redfield looks fine inside and out, one can only hope its a good one. It came on the gun all bore sighted so will try it. It does focus for me and many scopes will not because I am so far sighted, and lots of scopes don't have enough range of focus. It has the little circle Accurange reticle too, which I don't care about much but its worth a bit more.

That's a beautiful rifle in a great cartridge and model Ruger. You must have eye sight like mine to have the eyepiece backed out that far. lol. Enjoy.

Yep, backed out all the way! Besides just getting old (62), I have always been very far sighted. But at least I didn't run out of focus range before it was focused for my eye like so many scopes. If the gun shows promise I will probably find another scope for it, but for now its worth a go.

This Redfield looks fine inside and out, one can only hope its a good one. It came on the gun all bore sighted so will try it. It does focus for me and many scopes will not because I am so far sighted, and lots of scopes don't have enough range of focus. It has the little circle Accurange reticle too, which I don't care about much but its worth a bit more.

I actually like that reticle with the circl,e I use it as a peep sight.If I am target shooting at a round target I adjust the power until the circle part of the reticle is just a bit larger than the target.That way you will have a circle around a circle and you don't even need to look at the crosshairs.Provides kind of an eclipse effect.

Nice !
I've got to add a No. 1 to the collection one of these days.

starting to think the same thing
I like the grain in all them stocks ses, good looking riffl;es

They are a favorite of mine. I have them in .257 Roberts, 7x57, this .300, 9.3x74R and the custom .404 Jeffery. Have also had, 6.5x55, .303 British, .405 Win, .450-400NE., and probably a couple of others that I can't remember! All have shot very well.
You have me beat! I have two and would not part with either! 300 win mag stainless and 458 Lott! I hope the number one makes a come back someday!

I actually like that reticle with the circl,e I use it as a peep sight.If I am target shooting at a round target I adjust the power until the circle part of the reticle is just a bit larger than the target.That way you will have a circle around a circle and you don't even need to look at the crosshairs.Provides kind of an eclipse effect.
That's a good idea actually. I have an older Redfield with the original Accurange with tombstone yardage post. It also has a very small dot in the center and I find it fits well over 6 inch bulls we have at our range. I shoot really well with that scope. Of course its on a replica Remington M40 sniper rifle so I should shoot it well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyHandley

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.