Ruger 77 Mark II trigger adjustment

xausa

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I bought the rifle because it was left handed and I needed to practice bolt manipulation from the port side, since m,y vision in my right eye was no longer reliable. Shoting rapid fire with it, the trigger was not too noticible, but once I started to develop a load shoting off the bench it became a nightmare. It is like the proverbial last twist on a sardine can key. Surely there is some way to deal with this.
I have not yet had the action out of the stock, so I don't know what I'm facing.

Yep, no adjustment so it's a gunsmith job. But they polish up beautiful and crisp.

I bought a Timney for mine and had a gunsmith install it. All better now....

I have never worked on a Ruger trigger, have installed Timney and Rifle Basix triggers and both serve well. I think the Lawyers designed Ruger triggers, probably the same one that came up with the warning roll marks. I used to tell dad all the time that if he ever got lost in the back country he could always pass the time reading his Ruger.

Jard makes a nice trigger. I have one in my Ruger No. 1 and planning to install same on my Ruger 77 Mrk. II.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VEXCatheri

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!