ROYAL ROAR

Miletic

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 28, 2025
Messages
882
Reaction score
1,629
Location
Despotovac
Media
33
Hunting reports
Europe
1
They say that in the world of animals there are two kings.
Both of them have their own roar. One is a deer and the other is a lion.
No other animal's voice can be compared to their roar. I haven't had the chance to hear the roar of lions yet, and I've been listening to the roar of deer for more than 30 years. Regardless of the weather, I always get chills. 1 hour ago, I came back from the forest (I was carrying water to refill the water places) and I heard a short deer roaring. For me,this is the beginning of the Red stag roar for 2026/27. Now here in Eu, the temperatures are quite high and we are waiting for the first rain that will start the real dear roar and their mating.
I have seen here on our forum hunters from Croatia, Romania, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and other EU countries, and for all of us the beginning of Red stag hunting is one of the greatest experiences. On behalf of all of us (I give myself permission to speak on behalf of all) I welcome all hunters on this forum.
I would like to post pictures of the Deer we catch this season here. Wish everyone happy hunting,in my country (Serbia) we say DOBAR POGLED! (Good view)
 
My first RedStag (203.08 CIC)
8x68S Blaser CDP 196gr
Blaser R8
IMG_0333.jpeg
IMG_0395.jpeg
 
Beautiful animals!
 
That’s a nice deer with your dad and a nice picture in general . I’ve never seen or heard a red deer roar. Biggest deer I’ve shot was a rusa whilst hunting fallow.
Gumpy
 
Have heard the stags roar in Germany and New Zealand.

@Miletic I hope you are able to soon hear the lions roar, hyenas laugh, and leopard's saw.
 
Hunted Red Deer last year in Romania and loved every minute of it. Early in the morning you could hear Stags roar all around the hills and down in the valley as the sun came up.
 
Hunted Red Deer last year in Romania and loved every minute of it. Early in the morning you could hear Stags roar all around the hills and down in the valley as the sun came up.
There are quality Red stags in Romania. Roar can be extremely strong if the weather is colder and if there is rain. Also, the grounds are beautiful
 
I have seen here on our forum hunters from Croatia, Romania, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and other EU countries, and for all of us the beginning of Red stag hunting is one of the greatest experiences
My dear friend, you have started a great topic that touches the heart of all European hunters!
Thank you for that!
 
I have heard lions, elk, coyotes, turkeys gobble, and a wolf howl (only one howl, however). One sound that really surprised me was the roar or growl of a rutting impala. At first I thought I had a cat of some kind in front of me until straightened out by my PH.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,785
Members
169,414
Latest member
AileenA946
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top