RMR To Suit Merkel 140ae

I mounted Leica Tempus to my Krieghoff with the same mounting system. I've used Recknagel mount. Please note, @Beck, the Gentleman who posted the original question in the link below had some issues with being unable to index the lever. He either had a different model mount to mine or there was some misunderstanding. The lever can be indexed, it is quick, simple and toolless.

Does the Krieghoff's plate have a dovetail like above? Or you did you have to do additional work to accommodate that mount?

Would a machined blank mount not provide a more secure mount, especially in the light of the amount of recoil a 470 generates?

I have a Krieghoff 470 in the "post" and a RMR waiting to be mounted once I receive it, hence all the questions...
The Krieghoff plate did have a dovetail. I purchased the rifle second hand so not sure if that is standard on each rifle or a factory option. I’ve seen it on other K-Guns so I don’t think it was a one off custom addition. Seemed to lock up tight enough so not sure anything else would be necessary. Also doesn’t ruin the clean look of the rib if not using the dot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!