Rigby 350 no. 2

john corry

AH member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
34
Reaction score
27
Good morning,
Regrettably, I had a few too many glasses of Green Spot and I committed to another 350 Rigby for my dusty collection.
Unlike my other 350 magnums, this is the 350no2 that was regulated for a 310grn projectile. Apart from Woodleigh, does anyone have any ideas for sourcing bullets? Ideally, I would like a solid as well as a premium soft.

Many thanks

John
 
Good morning,
Regrettably, I had a few too many glasses of Green Spot and I committed to another 350 Rigby for my dusty collection.
Unlike my other 350 magnums, this is the 350no2 that was regulated for a 310grn projectile. Apart from Woodleigh, does anyone have any ideas for sourcing bullets? Ideally, I would like a solid as well as a premium soft.

Many thanks

John
Pls. forgive my ignorance but what is Green Spot?
 
Good morning,
Regrettably, I had a few too many glasses of Green Spot and I committed to another 350 Rigby for my dusty collection.
Unlike my other 350 magnums, this is the 350no2 that was regulated for a 310grn projectile. Apart from Woodleigh, does anyone have any ideas for sourcing bullets? Ideally, I would like a solid as well as a premium soft.
Many thanks
John
I've been testing Hawk's 300grn/.358 RT bullets (.035 thickness) in my .350 Remington Magnum over Varget. Still trying to get an acceptably accurate load dialed in. There are good bullets though.


Hawk also offers 250grn bullets in varying thicknesses, depending on your preference.
 
Also important to accuracy with the heavier .358” bullets in the 350 Magnums is knowing your barrel’s twist rate.

In .350RM the ideal twist rate seems to be the 1/12”, as that allows for stabilizing a wide range of weights: 200grns, 250grns, 275/280grns, and 300+grns. The Ruger 77s in this chambering used that twist rate, IIRC.

My Remington 660’s 20” barrel has, unfortunately, a 1/14” twist. So while that’s fine for stabilizing the 250grn bullets and under (to include .358” pistol bullets of 170/180grns), the 300grn bullets from Hawk are proving more challenging - although I haven’t seen any ‘key-holing” on targets at either 50- or 100-yds thus far. The holes are clean.

I’ve been extrapolating load data from Ken Water’s Pet Loads chapter on the .350RM cartridge. Among other projectiles he tested were Barnes Original 300grn .358” bullets over IMR 4320 in his Ruger 77. Apparently Barnes discontinued those a while back, so the Hawks are what I have to play with.

All just FYI.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,796
Members
169,415
Latest member
ilvigarhamp1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top