Return Trip COVID Testing

jsskaggs

Reaction score
Gang,

I'm very new but wanted to post a trick that worked great, from my first hunting trip in Limpopo. We returned on the 27th. We used a home rapid COVID test kit and it was really easy. We traveled to RSA with the kit, scheduled our appointment, and took the test in camp. They have you video conference with a customer service rep & you administer the test to yourself. You then sync a small bluetooth sensor to your phone and the results are delivered to you in 15mins. The company sends you an email with an official document for travel once you receive a negative test. Bonus, You also get to drink whisky and film your buddys while they do the test on themselves! Below is the link to the company we used.

Enjoy

JS

https://www.azova.com/testing/ellume/

Sounds great JS, did you travel back directly from RSA to the US or have to transit somewhere? Any issues with it being an Antigen test vs PCR? I am just trying to figure out if this might work for me. I am going to Zambia on Ethiopian Airlines next week, transiting via Addis. Ethiopian’s COVID rules are very unclear, to say the least. Their website says one thing (no PCR test to transit through Addis) but the travel agent says something different, including having to upload the test results to some sort of AfricaCDC site.

Sounds great JS, did you travel back directly from RSA to the US or have to transit somewhere? Any issues with it being an Antigen test vs PCR? I am just trying to figure out if this might work for me. I am going to Zambia on Ethiopian Airlines next week, transiting via Addis. Ethiopian’s COVID rules are very unclear, to say the least. Their website says one thing (no PCR test to transit through Addis) but the travel agent says something different, including having to upload the test results to some sort of AfricaCDC site.
We took the delta direct from Johannesburg. No issue with it being an antigen. We did make sure we had a PCR for the flight from USA to RSA!

Be sure you have a reliable internet connection before you reply on this method.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you