Return Trip COVID Testing

jsskaggs

New member
Joined
Aug 29, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
42
Gang,

I'm very new but wanted to post a trick that worked great, from my first hunting trip in Limpopo. We returned on the 27th. We used a home rapid COVID test kit and it was really easy. We traveled to RSA with the kit, scheduled our appointment, and took the test in camp. They have you video conference with a customer service rep & you administer the test to yourself. You then sync a small bluetooth sensor to your phone and the results are delivered to you in 15mins. The company sends you an email with an official document for travel once you receive a negative test. Bonus, You also get to drink whisky and film your buddys while they do the test on themselves! Below is the link to the company we used.

Enjoy

JS

https://www.azova.com/testing/ellume/
 
Sounds great JS, did you travel back directly from RSA to the US or have to transit somewhere? Any issues with it being an Antigen test vs PCR? I am just trying to figure out if this might work for me. I am going to Zambia on Ethiopian Airlines next week, transiting via Addis. Ethiopian’s COVID rules are very unclear, to say the least. Their website says one thing (no PCR test to transit through Addis) but the travel agent says something different, including having to upload the test results to some sort of AfricaCDC site.
 
Sounds great JS, did you travel back directly from RSA to the US or have to transit somewhere? Any issues with it being an Antigen test vs PCR? I am just trying to figure out if this might work for me. I am going to Zambia on Ethiopian Airlines next week, transiting via Addis. Ethiopian’s COVID rules are very unclear, to say the least. Their website says one thing (no PCR test to transit through Addis) but the travel agent says something different, including having to upload the test results to some sort of AfricaCDC site.
We took the delta direct from Johannesburg. No issue with it being an antigen. We did make sure we had a PCR for the flight from USA to RSA!
 
Be sure you have a reliable internet connection before you reply on this method.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,438
Messages
1,576,269
Members
170,537
Latest member
ShaunteMad
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top