Remington P14 303

John J

AH enthusiast
Joined
Sep 14, 2017
Messages
499
Reaction score
859
Media
63
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
1
Australia/NZ
1
Sporterized P14 barreled action 303 British. Matching serial numbers on bolt and action. Nice patina except where the action was machined and cleaned up shiny. Bore is decent. Never fired, bought used. Another unrealized project. $400 shipped FFL TO FFL. Includes about 60 Herters empty cases. Convenient to Casper and Cheyenne Wyoming if you would like a face to face. PM if you would like to speak in person or more pictures. Thanks John

20241204_164714.jpg
20241204_164721.jpg
20241204_164732.jpg
20241204_164737.jpg
20241204_164748.jpg
20241204_164755.jpg
20241204_164828.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Barrel length is 19.5"
@John J
Looks good but needs some love.
What I like about the P14 is if you rebarell to a magnum cartridge the bolt face doesn't need any alterations as it is already a perfect fit even for the 375 H&H or ever the 257 Weatherby.
Unless you have a spare M17 bolt you can't use it for standard 06 rim size cases
They make into a beautiful rifle.
Bob
 
Yes sir that was my original intention. I have a P17 completed action and a P14 stripped with a bag of parts. If anyone is interested let me know. I haven't posted an ad as yet due to work requirements.
 
Yes sir that was my original intention. I have a P17 completed action and a P14 stripped with a bag of parts. If anyone is interested let me know. I haven't posted an ad as yet due to work requirements.
Hmmm, how much for the stripped action?
 
$225 shipped. Stripped with a bag of parts to go with it. Another member reached out. He will have preference if he passes I'll let you know. I'll send you a PM
 
Nice, If he does pass. I'll just take it. Send me a PM and I'll put a USPS money order in the mail. Thx in advance!! He should take it for goodness sack, it's a good enough deal. What are you asking for the p17?

Ray
 
$300 shipped. Another project that never came to be. Not trying to money on them. Build something awesome. Have a blessed day all.
 
Thx John, I'm about as excited about building these action as I am about building the CZ550 big bore builds!!! Now that the locks are sorted out I just need to decide on Stock and Barrels. I think I have about set my sights on Richards Microfit stocks, and I like PacNor barrels (even though you have to wait a VERY, VERY, VERY long time for them).
I'm thinking the 550 Gibbs project would be better suited to this action (even though I have a CZ550 Safari Classics action I originally bought for that build).
 
Thx John, I'm about as excited about building these action as I am about building the CZ550 big bore builds!!! Now that the locks are sorted out I just need to decide on Stock and Barrels. I think I have about set my sights on Richards Microfit stocks, and I like PacNor barrels (even though you have to wait a VERY, VERY, VERY long time for them).
I'm thinking the 550 Gibbs project would be better suited to this action (even though I have a CZ550 Safari Classics action I originally bought for that build).
Send a few pictures when you are done with them. Looking forward to see what you do with them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,278
Messages
1,571,477
Members
169,362
Latest member
MarleneHed
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top