Redding - Hornady die comparison

Yes sir! I used to have a large customer that manufactured circuit boards, they had the boards made in China, shipped to USA and performed a drilling operation and put that stamp on them. I could go on and on, I observed thousands of employees lose their jobs in several industries in a year. The intricate difficult parts were kept here for the mom-and-pop shops to fight over, as they couldn't properly perform the difficult operations there. What a shame!

I’ve had more problems with Hornady dies than any other brand I’ve used...RCBS, C&H, Redding, Forrester and even Lee. I also don’t care for the floating bullet seater. It’s probably just me doing something wrong, but I’ll only buy Hornady if I cannot find something else.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

I made it 20+ years in loading my own ammo with every brand of die I could get my hands before I had a stuck case.

My first set of Hornady dies came with my .470ne and I immediately had a stuck case using Hornady dies, shell holder, Jamison brass and Hornady “one shot” lube.

Sent the die to Hornady and they removed the stuck case and blamed the once fired Jameson brass.

So when the die returned I started to size 10 Hornady once fired brass; again with Hornady one shot Lube and case number 4 locked up tight and pulled the rim off the casing.

I sent it back to Hornady again with a copy of their last letter and a not so kind letter pointing out that 100% Hornady supplies are used.

Hornady removed the case and “polished the die interior” ….

I haven’t had a stuck casing since; however I also completely swore off Hornady case lube!

:) I became allergic to sticking cases in dies from first hand experience. I think any die brand can be vulnerable to stuck case issues if wrong or insufficient lube is used.

I learned to use enough lube of the right kind… but not too much. Using the right amount is almost an art. I use a roll pad with moderate amount of any common lanolin based die lube like Lee or RCBS mixed with Imperial wax. Both applied with fingers to recharge pad as needed.

Best lube I've found is the same lube used when I swage bullets and the press handle moves effortless and never seizes. Tried Imperial sizing wax as all I ever heard was glowing testimonials but, had to remove a stuck case out of my die and went back to what works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg