Quickload results using 30-06 data fit

Jefferry404

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 17, 2023
Messages
860
Reaction score
2,005
Location
Mountains in Colorado
A gentleman in another thread asked about load data for the 470 Empire (tweeked my interest, so looked in that) and this got me thinking about my method of using Quickload for cartridges with no load data or no pressure data (such as Weatherby cartridges). Hartmut Broemel (the developer of QuickLoad) suggests modifying Ba and WF paraneters
to match a cartridge's published velocity and pressure data.
Since it is a wintery day here, thought I should look into how well the fit holds.
Using Hodgdon load data for the 30-06 with H4350 powder and max. charge, I matched the velocity and pressure by changing Ba and WF. It is a little back and forth, adjusting each one separately, etc. until a match. I do this a lot, so now it is quite easy to find the numbers.
These charts show the results of this computer exercise (we all know that barrels, throats, bore can impact real world results but hey, my computer is perfect:).
Have fun!
Steve
QL extrapolation.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,961
Members
169,878
Latest member
nsetedticu1973
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top