Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA,Oregon Hunters Assoc.
Hunted
USA, Zimbabwe, Australia, Mozambique, Namibia, Canada & South Africa
I have enough points through Cabelas for a hunt, but I've never booked with them before. Does anybody know who they use in Australia for Buffalo & Scrub Bull ?Also wouldn't mind some references about the P.H's they use

G'day Bashaw. Unfortunately I do not know who the current Cabelas operator for buffalo hunts in the Northern Territory is, so on that front I'm useless to you. What I would reccomend though is that when you find out who it is, that you ask what type of hunt they offer, as there are several quite different hunts and experiences available. Firstly there are a couple of preserve ( fenced ) hunts with very easy access to the capital city of Darwin. These hunts offer a level of convenience that is not accessable to the wilderness option. One ranch in particular offers a range of deer species ( also behind wire ) that can be taken on the same hunt. The second type of offering is the "station", or cattle ranch hunt. This is where an operating cattle ranch with exisiting ( or in some cases, supplimented ) populations of wild buffalo, offer hunts in addition to existing farming exterprises. Some of these stations operate the hunts themselves and others contract hunt outfitts to exersise the hunts for them. Some of these cattle stations are vast in physical size and for anyone new to the area can offer some sense of remoteness and wilderness, as well as being relatively close for access to the capital city of Darwin. Generally speaking, either of these first two options will be less expensive than the wilderness option as they have access to goods and services without the need for expensive transport costs for food-stuffs, fuel and other operating overheads. Also, choosing either of the first two will ( should ) negate the need for charter flights or connecting flights from Darwin. The third option is the wilderness option. This involves hunting in Arnhemland where there is no agriculture, no domestic stock and little developement. In Arnhemland you will hunt huge expanses of wilderness in country that has changed very little for a long time. Camps are remote but the experience is a genuine wilderness experience where you would expet to see a vast array of native birdlife and unique landscape.The hunt you choose should be based on the type of experience you are expecting therefore I reccomend you check before you cash in those hard earned Cabelas points.
Kind regards,
Paul

Bashaw,
I am leaving in 11 days for my trip to Namibia. I did book through Cabelas travel agency. It was a wonderful experience. They took care of everything!! All I have to do is show up to hunt. If you would like the name and number of the man who booked my hunt I would be happy to give it to you.
By the way, it took me two years to decide to go and he was very patient while I made my decision.

Excellent response Paul.

Tom, I see you also provide a hunting service. I hope I did not step on any toes by offering information. If I did I apologize.

LOL I guess you were talking to the other Paul. Just ignore me.

Which hunt are you taking, and who helped you book it?

I am going on the traditional Namibian safari with Omalanga Safaris and Frank Cole helped me book it.

when you get back I want to here about your hunt and the camp

We leave tomorrow morning!!!! I will try to do Cliffy proud with my account of the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois