Question on Simplex dies

TrapperErick

AH member
Joined
May 9, 2023
Messages
22
Reaction score
81
Media
5
Just wondering if someone could give me some information on Simplex dies? Found a set of FL dies for sale in 6.5x68 and was wondering what these would compare to?
 
Update from Cast Bullet Engineering:

1743508484154.png



Contact us:​

Postal Address​


Rifling Pty Ltd T/A Cast Bullet Engineering
M/S 863
Maclagan QLD 4352
Australia
 
I have a Simplex neck sizing die for my 300H&H that never came with instructions.
If they’re based on the RCBS dies, are the instructions the same?
Screw all the way down until contact with the shell holder, plus another 1/4 turn in?
 
I do have a Simplex die set in .500 Nitro Express and in 475 Nitro Express.
Works perfect...!!!
20250402_133331.jpg

20250402_133719.jpg

HWL
 
I do have a Simplex die set in .500 Nitro Express and in 475 Nitro Express.
Works perfect...!!!
View attachment 676138
View attachment 676139
HWL
Those are fancy! I HATE the box RCBS sticks their dies in. Almost need a claw hammer to pry the gawdam thing open. I'm handy enough with my router table to make myself a set of those cases. Thanks. Not sure I need to use rosewood. That's a bit over the top. :D Maybe pine would be more suitable for a fella from the unwashed masses.
 
Last edited:
Those are fancy! I HATE the box RCBS sticks their dies in. Almost need a claw hammer to pry the gawdam thing open. I'm handy enough with my router table to make myself a set of those cases. Thanks. Not sure I need to use rosewood. That's a bit over the top. :D Maybe pine would be more suitable for a fella from the unwashed masses.
I think, today, the ordinary Simplex die sets also come in RCBS like plastic boxes...
But the dies are fine!

HWL
 
They come in a blue box like the rcbs ones, but to me, they seem better made.
Gumpy
Meanwhile, isn't the RCBS stuff all made in China?

HWL
 
Those are fancy! I HATE the box RCBS sticks their dies in. Almost need a claw hammer to pry the gawdam thing open. I'm handy enough with my router table to make myself a set of those cases. Thanks. Not sure I need to use rosewood. That's a bit over the top. :D Maybe pine would be more suitable for a fella from the unwashed masses.
If you decide to make extra let me know, I may buy some from you, assuming there is not a 300% counter-reciprocal tariff added :)
 
Just wondering if someone could give me some information on Simplex dies? Found a set of FL dies for sale in 6.5x68 and was wondering what these would compare to?
@TrapperErick
Simplex dies are Australian made and if excellent quality.
They come in 2 sizes tho. 7/8 x14 standard thread that are interchangeable with any other brand and standard presss
And a 5/8 fine thread for use in the Simplex turret press only.
Use the with confidence that they will produce ammo as good as any other brand and give long life.
Bob
 
  • Like
Reactions: HWL
Bill Marden jnr passed away some time ago the last of the Marden family involved in the Simplex reloading products. i believe the tooling ect has been purchased by Cast bullet engineering, what the product line is now is yet to be disclosed. The end of an era of a wonderful Australian Gunsmithing family.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,571,100
Members
169,106
Latest member
VernaP4357
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top