Primers seating deep and strange mark around primer pocket

Thank you no I did not clean inside the pocket just the inside of the case before I deprimed and resized. I only cleaned the brass on the outside after seating the primer. Think I will just shoot of the primers and toss the brass I have only 40 of them and 60 Sellior and beloit brass

No need to waste primers and brass. Just charge and bullet 10 randomly select pieces. Once you have fired one or two you should be able to tell if there is a problem. No problems check accuracy with the remaining 8, if there is a problem, cease fire, return home, pull the 8 remaining bullets, dump the powder back into your powder thrower. Then dispose of your brass.

good idea leon.
bruce.
Do the Sellior and beloit primers look fine in your opinion
20200828_091533.jpg

they look good from the angle shown.
if they are a nice depth all should be well assuming they were not loose going in due to expanded pockets.
you need them to seal because superheated gas escaping there will cut metal from the bolt/block face, leaving a ring around the firing pin hole.
is this in a martini?
if so it would be a pity to ruin an old breech block.
bruce.

they look good from the angle shown.
if they are a nice depth all should be well assuming they were not loose going in due to expanded pockets.
you need them to seal because superheated gas escaping there will cut metal from the bolt/block face, leaving a ring around the firing pin hole.
is this in a martini?
if so it would be a pity to ruin an old breech block.
bruce.
They did seat with more force need I felt in move bit by bit then it stoped and just a bit extra pressure. They seated flush with the heads of the cases one or two just a bit below. Yes its for the Martini so I realy dont want to mess up the old gun. I want to go hunt with it still this year thats why I am loading ammo as we have no 303 hunting ammo in the country at this moment

Hi Leon..................what did you seat the primers with? The upstroke on a reloading press, a bench mounted primer seater, or a hand seater? The advice given above on making sure that they are rifle primers is what I think is most important. Once you have done this a while, you will be able to "feel" a loose primer pocket. Since this is PMC commercial you don't have to deal with ex-military cases and their post-crimp pockets. I have bought one case of PMC ammo (loaded) and it was the poorest constructed ammo I have ever had. (one example doesn't prove anything) But... it makes me wonder about the size of the pockets, as you have some very deeply seated primers in your foto......................best of luck...................FWB

Hi Leon..................what did you seat the primers with? The upstroke on a reloading press, a bench mounted primer seater, or a hand seater? The advice given above on making sure that they are rifle primers is what I think is most important. Once you have done this a while, you will be able to "feel" a loose primer pocket. Since this is PMC commercial you don't have to deal with ex-military cases and their post-crimp pockets. I have bought one case of PMC ammo (loaded) and it was the poorest constructed ammo I have ever had. (one example doesn't prove anything) But... it makes me wonder about the size of the pockets, as you have some very deeply seated primers in your foto......................best of luck...................FWB
I used the reloading bench at our gunshop. They have an RCBS benchprimer that I used . This was my first time reloading so still learning to do it. These are PMP ammo it was an South African ammunition manufacturer they are basically closed down now. They used to be good but the last 20 years they started to loose there quality control

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg