Primates

Bigry

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 24, 2016
Messages
139
Reaction score
214
Location
OR
Media
9
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
Ducks unlimited
Hunted
U.S.A. South Africa Spain
My wife and I are headed back to SA in May and she wants to get either a babboon or a vervet monkey. The taxidermy will be done over there. What is the process for getting them through customs? We will also be using Coppersmiths for the importing process but I was just cirious beforehand. And also what is the approximate extra cost?
 
Talk to your importer.

I brought a baboon skull back on my last trip and my importer SSI has a USFW/USDA bonded warehouse so that it didn't need to go to a certified taxidermist or tannery, it shipped straight to me with no extra cost.

I believe that Coppersmith is the same way but you should talk to them.
 
Thanks Jim. I called and spoke with them today. They have a USDA facility that they use. She said the charge is about $150 depending on what forms need to be filled out.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,464
Members
169,360
Latest member
ManuelHood
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top