Pre 64 Model 70

Ivorygrip

AH enthusiast
Joined
May 20, 2021
Messages
381
Reaction score
308
Media
15
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
1
Well the time has come, I am needing to sell this to fund other things.
looking at a move so I am pairing down on things…

I'm sure someone will find great joy in this.
By the records this gun was born in 1947 and it is still in its original condition today, chambered in 30 govt’ 06.
I have put about 65 rounds thru the rifle and it shoots great…
Below you can see pictures of some groups.
I settled on two different loads, the primary being the 180gr Swift Scirocco and for the second somthing a little different, the 180gr CEB solid. Strangely enough I lucked out and they had the same point of impact at 100 yds as my Scirocco load. Pretty cool to have the ability to switch between the two for well ya know, stuff…
All pictured groups were shot at 100yds.
If the buyer wants the load data I will share it with the full disclosure that these loads were made with my powder and components.

The rifling is crisp and the barrel feels very slick. Always cleaned it with a Nylon brush and bore tec eliminator.
The finish is worn and the stock has marks and scratches on it. I tried to show them the best I can in pictures.
Its ready to take the trip across the pond and shoot critters of all shapes and sizes or whatever use you have for one of the most versatile chamberings ever

Buying options
The gun is located in Tucson Az, if you can do a FTF deal $1175
If you want me to ship the gun I can send it to your FFL insured In a really cool Padded Hard sided Hyem case (pictured) for $1300 (the insurance has gone up alot..)


Thanks…

IMG_8236.jpeg
IMG_8237.jpeg
IMG_8238.jpeg
IMG_8239.jpeg
IMG_8240.jpeg
IMG_8241.jpeg
IMG_8242.jpeg
IMG_8244.jpeg
IMG_8248.jpeg
IMG_8249.jpeg
IMG_8235.jpeg
IMG_8234.jpeg
IMG_8233.jpeg
IMG_8250.jpeg
 
Nice gun that's certainly been used. Bluing looks pretty rough and the pad is certainly not original to the gun. Almost looked like first 2 numbers engraved on that bolt don't match serial number on gun, but could be wrong. I suspect you may have to move price to commensurate a sale, because at that price you could buy a newish model 70 in better condition. I don't think collector value is there for a pre 64 30-06 in that that shape. Just my opinion though....
 
If anyone else has doubts about the serial numbers not matching up here is a better picture...
My apologies on the lighting of the last one.
Didn’t think that would be an issue…….

By all means feel free to make a offer.

Thanks for all the PM interest.
It’s still available.

IMG_8265.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,194
Members
169,930
Latest member
nzaltburn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top