Pastor kidnapped

BGGMKLR

AH enthusiast
Joined
Sep 18, 2024
Messages
337
Reaction score
705
Location
Oakley, Ca
Media
2
Member of
Colt Forum, Firearms Forum, 24 hr Campfire, Gunboards Forum, Cal Waterfowl, DU,
Hunted
ZIMBABWE- Gwaii, Dete, Chirisa block
Just heard that a pastor from Tennessee was kidnapped by masked gunmen while giving a sermon at a church in South Africa.
Spike
 
It first made news in Tennessee on Thursday or Friday, the day after the kidnapping.

Meant to do an OP asking if any of our RSA, or other African members have any details of where and why as our local news is sketchy on the details.

Last night's news said the kidnappers are asking for a ransom. The news media left out the amount.
 
This pastor played high school football with a good friend of mine.. they are very close…the friend owns an outdoors/hunting company and is very concerned about the lack of information available… if anyone in RSA has any information otherwise unavailable through typical news outlets, I’d appreciate hearing it..

The pastor is from Maryville, TN, a suburb of Knoxville.. my wife and I lived in Maryville for a few years while we lived in the Knoxville area (total of 10 years)..
 
Col. Chris Wyatt just reported that Sullivan was rescued from the abductors. Three criminals were killed by police forces in a vehicle in a “hail of bullets”. Pastor Josh Sullivan was also in the vehicle during the police assault and was uninjured. Praise Jesus!

 
Very glad the Pastor is safe and unharmed. But, also concerned as I'm going to Port Elizabeth in September for a hunt. Have to keep an eye on developments there. I've heard that SA has been one of the most stable countries.
 
I had a friend that recently canceled a safari to the east cape. Concerned about crime and violence.
My last trip over I felt safari in Africa than some parts of Dc, Petersburg Va or Portsmouth Va.
I just hope the negative news from the pastor and other sources do not hurt the reputable safari companies
 
I understand that concern, wife and I are flying there next month. Hopefully the results from this will convince others that kidnapping is a bad move. At least for the short term.
Who are you hunting with? I'm going with Bushman's Quiver. Solo trip as of now.
 
First hearing of this, funny all we hear about are illegals who sent to El Salvador wrongly ( what a joke!!). This actually should be news!! Glad he is safe!!! God bless
 
I’m so relieved to hear that he’s unharmed.
 
Who are you hunting with? I'm going with Bushman's Quiver. Solo trip as of now.
We are hunting with KMG. Met Marius and Nick at the show in Atlanta and think we are going to have an epic week. My wife is a first time hunter and is looking very forward to the excitement of it. Trying to keep the news of this from her so she doesn't get nervous about it.
 
We are hunting with KMG. Met Marius and Nick at the show in Atlanta and think we are going to have an epic week. My wife is a first time hunter and is looking very forward to the excitement of it. Trying to keep the news of this from her so she doesn't get nervous about it.
I haven't mentioned that situation to my wife at all. Same reason as you. My trip to PE is the end of September, so hoping things get better by then.
 
First hearing of this, funny all we hear about are illegals who sent to El Salvador wrongly ( what a joke!!). This actually should be news!! Glad he is safe!!! God bless

In preparation for my trip I go online to check out News24 South Africa, Johannesburg, various provinces. W

News24 South Africa is where I first read about the abduction, listed as 6 hours ago. It was reported on our local evening 6pm news broadcast making it around 12 + hours later. Then heard another version of the abduction on a nation news broadcast station. At best very sketchy details from all 3 of these news media.

What I didn't here US news media report, as I can only guess as being unconfirmed reports, go figure, that church congregation members were also robbed at gun point.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,394
Messages
1,574,922
Members
170,194
Latest member
muscedewatch1986
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top