Part time hunting guide

Recoil Operated

New member
Joined
May 22, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Recently I got pretty interested in safari hunting and I fell in love with southern african scenery and fauna. Being pretty young I'm still looking for careers to pursue in the future and I thought to myself 'hey why not guide in africa?'. I love my home in the US and moving to africa just seems too impractical but I'd still like to lead and participate in safari hunts.. Is there any way I can work as a guide in South Africa, Botswana, etc seasonally without gaining citizenship in those countries?

(I wouldn't mind just paying for the safaris but I like the experience of leading something and the prices tag on those hunts make me and my wallet sad)
 
Recently I got pretty interested in safari hunting and I fell in love with southern african scenery and fauna. Being pretty young I'm still looking for careers to pursue in the future and I thought to myself 'hey why not guide in africa?'. I love my home in the US and moving to africa just seems too impractical but I'd still like to lead and participate in safari hunts.. Is there any way I can work as a guide in South Africa, Botswana, etc seasonally without gaining citizenship in those countries?

(I wouldn't mind just paying for the safaris but I like the experience of leading something and the prices tag on those hunts make me and my wallet sad)
Also some more context: I'm considering going to the okavango guide school to gain experience. Hope someone has an answer. Anything helps!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,029
Members
169,480
Latest member
JulianHof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top