Optics Test?

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
With the various conversations regarding comparative aspects of optics I am seeking a way of photographing what a user would see through each of several scopes. First off, if someone knows of a test that has already been done, please respond- I have no desire to reinvent something already done. I have made tubing to place the camera lens at the eye relief point of the scope and block out light coming to the camera other than through the scope. But there are a few problems. One is that even on manual mode nature of the camera distorts the results in both clarity and brightness. Thoughts??

Checking the link to the Outdoor Life test has reaffirmed my decision years ago to cancel my subscription. The "objective" portion of the test was skewed heavily by other factors. given Outdoor Life's resources I would expect they could do a much better job of providing an objective means of testing the optics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,