Odd rounds

ducmarc

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
259
Reaction score
587
Friend of mine gave me about 15 rounds of what looks like 450-400 but has a raised primer pocket their paper patched.he got them in a pile of reloading stuff I'm not near my calipers till tomorrow looks close to458 thought I'd post this anyway .marc
IMG_20230702_212733422.jpg
IMG_20230702_212751736.jpg
 
Agree, looks like a 43 Mauser to me. Do you have any measurements on it?
 
What's the case length ? I agree with the others. It's either a .43 Mauser or a .400 Purdey.
 
Looks like a .450 #2 Musket
 
11.2x60R
Better known as 43 Mauser or 11mm Mauser.
 
Believe your right I thought the 43 Spanish had a real real lon neck.bullet dia is .440 thrim is .870 and case length ii 2.250
 
Let us know, I’m interested.
I think Remington made their rolling block for a .43 ctg?
 
The cartridge its self looks alot like the .500/.450 no1 express BPE cartridges i have other than the primer
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,828
Members
169,423
Latest member
dknoxivam
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top