Nyala 1/2 mount

Rtsj

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Why can’t I find a 1/2 mount form anywhere? Only shoulder and full body forms. I can’t see paying 1k for a full body form just to cut it in half. Anyone know where to order one ?
Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
0515A72B-0943-406A-88EB-833B84D4D897.jpeg

i had mine done at an angle to fit tighter to the wall, was happy with the way it came out. I believe he bought a 1/2 life size form

Contact Mckenzie, they'll send u the front half of any full size mount. The last two I used they cut them to my specs as well

Contact Mckenzie, they'll send u the front half of any full size mount. The last two I used they cut them to my specs as well
Thanks bud. Will call them Monday morning. Any clue on form pricing?

If I remember right it was not a screaming hot deal but cheaper than full body. When I drove there to pick up a trailer full of forms they pulled a bushbuck form, cut it off where I asked them too and tossed the rest in a dumpster

Most Supply company's will pour you a front half of any form they have.
Typical charge 60% to 75% of the lifesize price.

Nope they don’t offer one. I can’t find it in any taxidermy catalogue or online anywhere.
I looked it up on their online catalog yesterday before I responded to your post. They showed 2 forms.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 10.53.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 10.53.43 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
I looked it up on their online catalog yesterday before I responded to your post. They showed 2 forms.
Thank man. I looked all over and couldn’t find it.

Roy

Most Supply company's will pour you a front half of any form they have.
Typical charge 60% to 75% of the lifesize price.
Yep this. I do it all the time. Most suppliers in the US will do it also if you call and ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg