New spammer/scammer tactic

Ontario Hunter

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 16, 2023
Messages
7,941
Reaction score
10,792
Media
37
Articles
1
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
SA
Just received notice that an unknown generic newbie quoted one of my posts. What's up with that? The phantom posted "Thank you for your suggestion." Wait ... I don't recall making a suggestion in that post. So I opened it up completely and the sneaky bastard had edited my post that he was quoting to awkwardly insert a plug for some bullshit quack medicine.

I have reported it and mod should make it gone by now so no use linking to it. Just wanted everyone to be aware of this new tactic. Report when you find them.
 
Glad you caught it. Keeping up with scammers is a never ending job.
 
This is an evolving and dynamic threat. Tough to keep ahead of them. Thanks for the heads up......FWB
 
The one glitch in this forum's format seems to be the "reply" function automatically inserts the original post in the replying post. The problem is the person replying can then edit the original poster's excerpt to say anything he wants. I'm also sure a stunt like that would be a direct route to the ejection seat button. The mods here are fairly tolerant but I suspect not of ultra-childish crap like that.
 
Phone calls, emails, websites, the news media, even private forums, no matter where you turn today I swear 98% of everything is a scam. IA, movie clips, photo shop everything is fake. That's the reason I like the wilderness, dogs and about 3 people.
 
Phone calls, emails, websites, the news media, even private forums, no matter where you turn today I swear 98% of everything is a scam. IA, movie clips, photo shop everything is fake. That's the reason I like the wilderness, dogs and about 3 people.
33337979777396047041718659509131.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Phone calls, emails, websites, the news media, even private forums, no matter where you turn today I swear 98% of everything is a scam. IA, movie clips, photo shop everything is fake. That's the reason I like the wilderness, dogs and about 3 people.
Another sibling I didn't know about. :D
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,350
Messages
1,573,707
Members
169,831
Latest member
casinotructuyenlink
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top