New sheath

Thanks Chris, once again this was a prototype, I use some of my older leather pieces for these in case I f#$@ up:rolleyes:
The knife is quite secure and its surprisingly comfortable to wear even when sitting in a vehicle.

Roger
 
Update: don't make a sheath like this. It was actually fine, sitting in the truck, ATV, or hiking into the woods. But, my lovely knife left on its own accord at some point. And, being on my back, I had no idea it had stepped out until it was too late. The sheath seemed to have a very reasonable grip on the blade. But, evidently not good enough for whatever gymnastic position I took clambering around dead fall. Sad.
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your knife. I think any hunting knife sheath should not only cover the blade, but should also swallow most of the handle. If the knife has a lanyard hole, I tie mine to the the sheath or hunting belt. The knife isn't there for a quick-draw, but when you need it, you really want it to be there. I even designed and made a sheath for a knife I found after someone else lost it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,246
Messages
1,569,439
Members
168,708
Latest member
vapeslovenianet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top