New member

Welcome to the dark side, enjoy the planning.
 
Welcome to the AH community. You are never too old!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
It's ok to be on the wrong side of 60. You just have to put in a few more years and then you'll be on the right side of 60! ;)
 
60 is just a number. A big one, but just a number. Sure wish I was 60 again. Ah, the good old days.
 
G’day all,
Long time lurker of this site and what a great hunting forum it is!!!....so I’ve decided to jump in!
Some back ground...I’m on the wrong side of 60, am from the land of “down under” (Australia)
Been hunting since 12, have a small amount of hunting utensils...22 hornet,243, 270, 303,3030,a couple O/U and a few SxS shotguns and I “roll”my own...and must not forget my hunting partner “Ringo”
(Pointer)
Mostly hunt red , fellow and sandbar deer, ....do /done a bit of “field trialling” with pointers...
So next year I’m stepping up to the plate ,joining the big boys club and going to RSA ...before I get to old!
Cheers

G’day AGNK,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Side note:
The .22 Hornet and the .303 British are two of my half dozen or so favorite cartridges.
If I could trade my youthful good looks (I’m 67) for your money, I’d sure enough have a double rifle in .303 Brit.
As it is today, my .303 is an unaltered WW-I Enfield.
However plain as it appears, it is a real hair splitter for accuracy.
But for the laws in many, if not all African countries, against importing “military rifles” (military looking rifles), I would’ve by now taken it over and hunted things like warthog, various antelopes and such things with it.

Cheers,
Velo Dog
 
For your own good get off of this site and don't ever come back. All these guys do is encourage you cajole you to buy guns go hunting spend money. And there is a very high risk of catching a disease called Safaris Fever. As you probably won't heed my advice WELCOME!!!
 
Welcome to AH @AGNK! Glad you found us and joined our community.

So next year I’m stepping up to the plate ,joining the big boys club and going to RSA ...before I get to old!

If there is anything we can do for you please contact us.
 
Welcome AGNK. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy and have fun planning!
 
Welcome to the forum AGNK, you are in the right place!
 
G’day all,
Long time lurker of this site and what a great hunting forum it is!!!....so I’ve decided to jump in!
Some back ground...I’m on the wrong side of 60, am from the land of “down under” (Australia)
Been hunting since 12, have a small amount of hunting utensils...22 hornet,243, 270, 303,3030,a couple O/U and a few SxS shotguns and I “roll”my own...and must not forget my hunting partner “Ringo”
(Pointer)
Mostly hunt red , fellow and sandbar deer, ....do /done a bit of “field trialling” with pointers...
So next year I’m stepping up to the plate ,joining the big boys club and going to RSA ...before I get to old!
Cheers
@AGNK
You may want to step up to a 338,35 or 9.3 before you take on a big boy. The 35 Whelen will do everything the other 2 will out to sensible ranges.
Have a look at Namibia as well as RSA.
Bob
 
Well I’ve added a Mauser 98 in 6.5x55 and that Brno 602 to my arsenal (this forum is bad influence)
Had planned on going this year to SA with a South African guy I met at work…he has family back home with some hunting connections…. Well you guessed it…. Bloody Covid …. Had almost sent me broke….start saving up again and see what happens…
 
Well I’ve added a Mauser 98 in 6.5x55 and that Brno 602 to my arsenal (this forum is bad influence)
Had planned on going this year to SA with a South African guy I met at work…he has family back home with some hunting connections…. Well you guessed it…. Bloody Covid …. Had almost sent me broke….start saving up again and see what happens…
@AGNK
All you need now is a nice 35 Whelen or 9.3x62 to go with the 6.5 and the 404 you want to build
 
Oh yeah, and you will need .35 Whelen
 
What’s with this 35 whelen I keep hearing about????
Cheeeze
@AGNK
The 35 Whelen is one of the best medium bore cartridges under .375 that you can get.
Loaded properly it is every bit the equal of the 338WM out to any sane hunting range.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,393
Messages
1,574,908
Members
170,192
Latest member
sc88tuyensinhnganhan3
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top