New Member

I'm unfamiliar with the metric caliber but it is or at least seams to be very close or identical to the 500 Jeffery. I've never seen one but others have mentioned them in previous AH posts. My largest Jeffery is a 404, which pales by comparison to its' big brother. I reload for all of my rifles. If I had to buy commercial ammunition for them I doubt I'd be able to shoot very often if at all. What powder, charge weight and bullet do you use in your Schuler? (sorry there are no umlauts on my computer.)

It is not identical.

Since the normalization at the beginning of the 21st century there are 2 cartridges , the 12,7x70 Schüler and the 500 Jeffery. Whoever buys ammunition has to be careful. My rifle was built in the late nineties before the standardization and would be rather a 500 Romey Hybrid.

http://www.cartridgecollector.net/500-jeffery

I load my 500 Schüler with a 535gr FMJ bullet from Woodleigh and 127,4gr of R 904 powder from Rottweil to reach the muzzle velocity of 2400 fts.
 
Welcome to AH kurpfalzjäger! Glad you found us and joined our community.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,653
Members
169,791
Latest member
GaryManci
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top