New Mauser vs New Rigby

I honestly can't be bothered going over this stuff yet again...there are a few threads in here about rigby rifles and incorrect (bullshit) information on how they were made...as said above rigby made a deal with mauser pre war to make a magnum action solely for them....why some other calibres introduced at the time had to fit into the standard length mauser actions.....barreled actions were supplied by mauser....basicallythe same as now...then stocked and sighted by rigby...with different barrel lengths etc etc to the clients specifications...the British gun trade also had a hodge podge of small out workers and parts makers that the named makers used to help them out ...anymore please use the search facility

I could agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong…

Here is an original 400/350 made in 1906.
You can see the stock stamped with the Mauser production number.
Obviously, Mauser stocked this Rigby. There is zero reason for Rigby to apply the Mauser number as they put their own on it at the time.
And why wouldn’t Rigby have them stocked in Oberndorf?
Sure would save on labor and Mauser was eminently capable of inletting and final shaping of the stocks allowing for checkering and final finish in England.

KIMG3511.jpeg
 
some early rigbys are built entirely in Germany. rigbys ledger calls it mauser number 4672 and rigby number 3140
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,128
Members
169,117
Latest member
TeodoroSch
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top