Need some help with Winchester Model 70

Well, its not real anger of course,;);) see all those little emo thingies?o_Oo_O Besides drilling holes in the side of a receiver that already has pre drilled holes in the top for a mount is akin to falling out of a perfectly good airplane....:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes: with or without parachute!o_Oo_O

Hey!! :eek::eek::eek: Did anyone notice it had two screws in the side of the receiver for a #@)(#(*&*(#U_)(_)(R_)EW(RJDJNFU#(#()R*&#()R#_)()+ side scope mount?!?!?!?:rolleyes::rolleyes:!#$&&$#^#(*&)(*#))!!!!!!!!!!!! I FREAKING HATE SIDE SCOPE MOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:#!*&#(!&#^*&@()#*&#_)(*!)(@*+)(@+_)@)$*_)(*#)*&:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Tell us how you really feel

Just like hunters who pull the front and rear sights, when they mount a Scope or hunters like my Dad who had a perfectly good Savage 99, cut a notch out of the stock so he could mount a Peep, this hunter wanted to use his open sights while still having use of a scope, I wonder when quick release mounts first became available?

Another pet peeve!!:mad::mad: You don't mind if guys remove the sights, even though there is rarely a need to, if they just bloody keep the dang things for the next guy! But noooooooo, they just chuck them!!:mad::mad:
My old dad was famous or infamous, for doing stuff like that. He used to take a nicely stocked rifle, chuck it up in his _)(#%(*$%Y#()*#U$ vice with big ass grill marks in the jaws, crank it down good and tight so it wont move around too much while he hammers some worthless addition on to it!! A friend of his and mine, an older gent told me one day, "I'm gonna go over to your dads shop and steal that goldanged vice of his so he'll quit ruining nice rifles!". Dad used to say, whenever you took him to task for buggering up nice guns, "well its just a tool son". :oops: Yah, its just a tool NOW, until you got your meathooks on it! It WAS a nice looking gun! Don't get me wrong, I loved my dad and miss him every day, but he was the perfect example of the garage gun smith, and not too particular, after all its just a tool son!:rolleyes: My boy will probably have similar stories about me some day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.