need new load

H4350 and IMR 4895 with the latter giving a little more velocity.
 
H4350 is my powder for 180 gr A-Frames and also for my 150 gr practice loads in 30-06. I'm sure it will work great for 165/168s as well.

Back when I loaded 165s I used IMR4350 because that's what I had at the time.
 
I was working up a load for my 30-06 for an up coming SA hunt. I decided on 49.5 gr of IMR 4064 with a Barnes 168gr bullet. Now I can't find any 4064 any where. I have been thinking of trying H4350.
Any one have any thoughts on this choice?
Where are you located @steve71 ?

Im sitting on a pretty decent surplus of IMR 4064.. we could probably work something out if youre close by..

Other suggestions already made are very good alternatives.. Varget performs very closely to 4064.. and H4350 or IMR4350 are both good options as well if you can find them (the Cabelas in Allen, TX for example has had IMR4350 pretty consistently for the last 6+ months, but hasnt had a can of 4064 on the shelf since I bought the last 3 they had in close to a year (or.. I havent seen a can in a year.. its possible they are getting bought the minute they hit the shelf)..
 
Where are you located @steve71 ?

Im sitting on a pretty decent surplus of IMR 4064.. we could probably work something out if youre close by..

Other suggestions already made are very good alternatives.. Varget performs very closely to 4064.. and H4350 or IMR4350 are both good options as well if you can find them (the Cabelas in Allen, TX for example has had IMR4350 pretty consistently for the last 6+ months, but hasnt had a can of 4064 on the shelf since I bought the last 3 they had in close to a year (or.. I havent seen a can in a year.. its possible they are getting bought the minute they hit the shelf)..
Thanks for the offer. It sounds like you are in Texas and I am in Pa. I just bought a couple of pounds of H4053 so will give that a try
 
H-4350 was my go to powder in the 30-06 with 165/168 grain bullets.
I have since switched to Ramshot Hunter. Hunter will push 168 gr. TTSX bullets to 2950 FPS and 1/2 MOA at 200 yards
 
4350 or Reloder22 work well for me.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,159
Members
170,526
Latest member
MariePayto
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top