Need more practice

Thanks for taking the time to do that Mark. Very close to what the chapuis and the Heym I have are at. Heavier than what I'm used to but I will adjust.
 
Here are some targets from today's shoot. The distance was 50 yards off sticks using a classic ball over black powder load in a vintage W.J. Jeffery double. It should be mentioned that I was intentionally burning up a type of primer that I have proven to produce poor accuracy (they aren't hot enough). Both I and the gun can do better, but I thought these would give a more realistic example of double rifle grouping.

4 of these 5 hits would be perfect. The shot at the bottom was a strange flier that I believe to be a problem with the primers.
IMG_20260927_200327716_HDR.jpg


3 of these would be fine. The 4th shot went wide left... again I suspect the primers.
IMG_20260927_200333736.jpg


The last two shots of the day, always nice when the last target of the day looks pretty :).
IMG_20260927_200338643.jpg
 
So target says 18" by 12" so each ring is 1" correct? So a 4" group?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,239
Members
169,280
Latest member
JackieMund
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top