Need 500 Nitro Express Bullets & Brass

jonathan davis

AH senior member
Reaction score
Looking for brass and bullets for 500 nitro express. Headed to africa this fall for buff and need to do loading!

Barnes manufactures 570Gr factory loaded TSX & Banded Solids (these are monolithics). They also sell the bullets as reloading components.

Hornady manufactures factory 570Gr DGX & DGS (these are conventional lead cored bullets). They also sell the bullets as reloading components.

.500 Nitro Express bullets are also currently being offered by:
Cutting Edge Bullets (monolithic)
Rhino Bullets (monolithic solids & partial lead cored Solid Shanks)
Northfork (monolithic)

Bruce Bertam makes brass cases.

If you have any interest in CEB bullets I have various weighted bullets I'm looking to sell.

Hornady brass is almost impossible to find unless you buy loaded Ammo right now as they haven’t made any in a long time.
I have seen Norma brass floating around recently thou.

I love the CEB bullets. You will not be disappointed.
feel free to PM me if you want some starting references.
good luck.

Normally GB doesn't have great deals online but there are some 500NE factory loads there for $5 and up each right now. I bought some Federal Woodleigh Hydros there for $5 a piece, new in the factory boxes. That seller has more listed plus other offerings for about $7 and up. At $5-7, you're getting factory ammo for the cost of brass and bullets or less. Also you can find small amounts of Hornady DGS or DGX bullets for about $100/50 online right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheAngloPrussian

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.