Namibia Trophies

lwaters

AH legend
Joined
May 20, 2011
Messages
2,516
Reaction score
3,775
Location
Manhattan Kansas
Media
117
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
4
USA/Canada
1
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I am going on a 10 day hunt in the kalahari. Down where Namibia, Botswana and RSA meet. I am doing the day rate and hope to get five or six trophies. What would be the best animals to make sure I get in this area? I am thinking of maybe taking another hunt sometime for Nyala and bushbuck somewhere else. I guess what I am asking what trophies are more available here that would be harder or more expensive somewhere else. I was thinking kudu, oryx, hartebeest, springbok, mountain zebra, and maybe something else. Eland is offered for $1500 which is about as cheap as anywhere. Lenny
 
lwaters

your list is a good list and could be a little aggressive unless you are lucky.

The question become what size trophy are you willing to accept.
 
I just want good representive of the spieces. My friends will be just as impressed with a 52in. Kudu as a 60in. With the day rate I don't have to be completly tied to that list. Kudu and Oryx are at the top but I could easyly subsitute some on the others.
 
Looking for a good representative you will do well. it when you are looking for those extra inches that you will run out of time to soon.

have a great time...
 
You have a very good list in for 10 days "kudu, oryx, hartebeest, springbok, mountain zebra, and... Eland Lenny"
Representative trophies will be much more possible than RW everything.

Good luck.
 
A lot of it depends on who is managing the property? I think you should find good quantities of the animals you are looking for in that area. Some Outfitters are very good at managing a property for quality and quantity.
 
Hi Lenny,Oryx, Hardebeest, Springbok, should be good there. Kudu and Eland not so good. Mountain Zebra should be ok but a difficult hunt. Bushbuck in Namibia is only available in the Kavango and the Caprivi.
Let me know if you need any info.
Margie
 
i dont know if mountain zebra are found in this region.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,413
Messages
1,575,458
Members
170,328
Latest member
FreddieLuf
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top