Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I am going on a 10 day hunt in the kalahari. Down where Namibia, Botswana and RSA meet. I am doing the day rate and hope to get five or six trophies. What would be the best animals to make sure I get in this area? I am thinking of maybe taking another hunt sometime for Nyala and bushbuck somewhere else. I guess what I am asking what trophies are more available here that would be harder or more expensive somewhere else. I was thinking kudu, oryx, hartebeest, springbok, mountain zebra, and maybe something else. Eland is offered for $1500 which is about as cheap as anywhere. Lenny

lwaters

your list is a good list and could be a little aggressive unless you are lucky.

The question become what size trophy are you willing to accept.

I just want good representive of the spieces. My friends will be just as impressed with a 52in. Kudu as a 60in. With the day rate I don't have to be completly tied to that list. Kudu and Oryx are at the top but I could easyly subsitute some on the others.

Looking for a good representative you will do well. it when you are looking for those extra inches that you will run out of time to soon.

have a great time...

You have a very good list in for 10 days "kudu, oryx, hartebeest, springbok, mountain zebra, and... Eland Lenny"
Representative trophies will be much more possible than RW everything.

Good luck.

A lot of it depends on who is managing the property? I think you should find good quantities of the animals you are looking for in that area. Some Outfitters are very good at managing a property for quality and quantity.

Hi Lenny,Oryx, Hardebeest, Springbok, should be good there. Kudu and Eland not so good. Mountain Zebra should be ok but a difficult hunt. Bushbuck in Namibia is only available in the Kavango and the Caprivi.
Let me know if you need any info.
Margie

i dont know if mountain zebra are found in this region.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross