NAMIBIA: Namibia Safari Corporation 2018

Enjoyed the report, thanks!

Great to hear you took the adventure and had a good time. Thanks for the report.

I, too read every word. Great report. Not a lot of fluff, but tells the story of your hunt. Thanks for the clarification about the missed shot at the eland in the brush. The PH sometimes has a different view through the bush. Nice trophies and a great hunt. Congrats.
Bruce

A very pleasurable read. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us Nate. Close call with that snake! Would have made a nice belt though. Did Fred snore much??
Ps looking forward to meeting you in weeks time

My wife and I bowhunted with Jaco in 2016 and had a excellent time also!

Thanks for letting us share your adventure with this report. He has a incredible place to bowhunt springbok 107,000 acres of low fence land that he owns!

Thank you for a great report. I leave in 8 days for an 8 day hunt in Namibia, I may ask you for help with editing my report!

I enjoyed reading your report and how the hunt unfolded.
I hope to get an Eland like yours one day. Good stuff

Congratulations on a good hunt and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the outstanding report.

You’ve made me want to hunt Eland, which was a species not on my initial list. That’s a big change for someone who researches and thinks and plans and engages in thoughtful discussion before making a decision.

Thursday: In the end when this adventure came to it's conclusion, I would see that I had walked 9.5 miles and taken 24,414 steps through brush and sand. I had carried the Ruger Guide Gun the first day, but then opted to carry the NULA due to it's lightweight and the fact that all shots would be close thus maximizing the effect of the Barnes TTSX.
We picked up fresh tracks in the morning of a bachelor group of six bulls. The death march began.
We would catch up to the Eland and they would spook. Everything that I had heard of Eland hunts being incredibly easy or like the most arduous Cape Buffalo hunt proved true. I kept waiting for the easy part, though. It never came. We came to a clearing with the Eland on the other side of the brush. While kneeling and unprepared, I observed two bulls walk past a gap in the brush. Jaco urged me to shoot. I stupidly lined up on the silhouette of an Eland's head, guestimated the location of his vitals through the brush and shot. The shot did not penetrate the brush. No blood. I should have remembered rule #1 "If you don't have a clear target, don't shoot". This only gave the Eland another reason to run and added at least two more hours of tracking.
Upon catching up to the Eland again, I had a clear view of the Eland's hindquarters. Jaco urged me to get a round into the bull quickly. I mounted the sticks which due to expediency we did not spread. The first round dropped the Eland in place, but only because I took out his back legs. The bull was down, but was now facing away from me. I maneuvered to a better position and sent a round into the left side of the neck. I attempted to put a third round behind the left shoulder, but struck three inches behind the other neck shot.

I had hoped for an old blue bull and he was. After pictures, we hiked out to a dirt farm road. We returned to Jan's farm to get a trailer and more guys to help recover the bull.View attachment 227859
Very nice eland.

Great report, and yes sir, I read every word. What great trophies, and even better memories! I like your thoughts on hunting the oldest no matter the size. It is what makes our sport sustainable. My Eland hunt was one of my favorites. They can really move for them to be so large. Great memories, to last a lifetime!

Thank you for the report, and yes sir, I read every word. My Eland hunt was easily my favorite. They can really move to be so large. Enough memories to last a lifetime!

I very much appreciated your safari report. Great trophies, good details, spiders and snakes and ticks, good photos, and I'm glad you had a good time. I go to Namibia for my 1st safari in Africa in late September 2018. I also read every word and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks.

Congratulations my friend. Beautiful trophies. Glad all went well. Careful buffalo hunting is addictive.. I am seriously leaning towards Burkina Faso for western savanna buffalo in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross