NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS

Jimmy Salsman

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Me and 2 friends went back to @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS and had another amazing hunt. We all got the animals we went for and additional ones, some record book size. The atmosphere was fantastic and very friendly . am already planning another trip there next year. Thanks Philip.

d eland.JPG
d gold.JPG
eland.jpg
j gold.JPG
kudu.JPG
steen.JPG
t blue.JPG
t eland.JPG
water.JPG
zebra.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice trophies! Congrats.

Nice pics. Looks like some nice animals. Congrats on a successful hunt. We'd love to hear more about your trip. Perhaps travel arrangements, stalks and how bullets and rifles preformed. All make a good story.
Bruce

This was my Fifth trip over, make my own arrangements on Qatar. No test or requirements to enter Namibia, however it shows as of May 7th 2023, you will need a Visa to enter. You get there Philip will have someone there to pick you up when you get off the plane. Very small Airport, very easy to get thru the friendliest people at any Airport. Step outside and pick up your rifles and you are on your way to the Farm. They will stop in town to pick up any particulars you might want. An hour and you are there being greeted, shown to your room, shown drinks and snacks so you can settle in, everyone is glad you are there. Shortly you go check rifles and a drive around the area. Take very few cloth , the ones you wear you leave on the bed in the morning and they will be cleaned pressed and folded when you come in for lunch. The bedding is changed every day, and the most delicious food to be had. They ask what you want to hunt and how you want to hunt and you are off. Five times and each hunt fantastic. Each trip if I was looking for a specific animal I found it. I shoot a 300 win mag with 200 gr Nosler Partition handloads and they performed great. I shot a Golden Wildebeest out of the truck, and the Kudu we spotted about 600 yds. off, we stalked across a valley to get above it. The brush was so thick we could not see it. We heard it snorting to warn the cows . Juan said if he runs out shoot him. He ran out and I shot him at about 100 yds. My 2 friends this time shot 338 win mags with Nosler Partition with good results. The last trip I took my wife and she loved it. She was going back this time but work kept her home. She hunted with her camera, and rode horseback got some amazing photos. If you have never been this is an excellent place to start, and I guarantee you will love it. Love Namibia because it is one of the safest countries in the world. Already planning next years trip. For a hunter it is the Promised Land.
Nice pics. Looks like some nice animals. Congrats on a successful hunt. We'd love to hear more about your trip. Perhaps travel arrangements, stalks and how bullets and rifles preformed. All make a good story.
Bruce

This was my Fifth trip over, make my own arrangements on Qatar. No test or requirements to enter Namibia, however it shows as of May 7th 2023, you will need a Visa to enter. You get there Philip will have someone there to pick you up when you get off the plane. Very small Airport, very easy to get thru the friendliest people at any Airport. Step outside and pick up your rifles and you are on your way to the Farm. They will stop in town to pick up any particulars you might want. An hour and you are there being greeted, shown to your room, shown drinks and snacks so you can settle in, everyone is glad you are there. Shortly you go check rifles and a drive around the area. Take very few cloth , the ones you wear you leave on the bed in the morning and they will be cleaned pressed and folded when you come in for lunch. The bedding is changed every day, and the most delicious food to be had. They ask what you want to hunt and how you want to hunt and you are off. Five times and each hunt fantastic. Each trip if I was looking for a specific animal I found it. I shoot a 300 win mag with 200 gr Nosler Partition handloads and they performed great. I shot a Golden Wildebeest out of the truck, and the Kudu we spotted about 600 yds. off, we stalked across a valley to get above it. The brush was so thick we could not see it. We heard it snorting to warn the cows . Juan said if he runs out shoot him. He ran out and I shot him at about 100 yds. My 2 friends this time shot 338 win mags with Nosler Partition with good results. The last trip I took my wife and she loved it. She was going back this time but work kept her home. She hunted with her camera, and rode horseback got some amazing photos. If you have never been this is an excellent place to start, and I guarantee you will love it. Love Namibia because it is one of the safest countries in the world. Already planning next years trip. For a hunter it is the Promised Land.
Are you a US citizen? Where did you see the Visa info?

Googled requirements to enter Namibia , it said effective May 7th. The lady at DFW ask me if I had a visa I said NO and she said nothing else. Maybe a grace period , my understanding is it takes 30 days to get a visa. Went back looking every thing I see says you do not need a visa even the Embassy .

Googled requirements to enter Namibia , it said effective May 7th. The lady at DFW ask me if I had a visa I said NO and she said nothing else. Maybe a grace period , my understanding is it takes 30 days to get a visa. Went back looking every thing I see says you do not need a visa even the Embassy .
I’m not sure where you see about us citizens requiring a visa? Both state department and Namibian embassy say stays less than 90 days do not require a visa. That’s what it has always been.

Me and 2 friends went back to @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS and had another amazing hunt. We all got the animals we went for and additional ones, some record book size. The atmosphere was fantastic and very friendly . am already planning another trip there next year. Thanks Philip.

View attachment 535887View attachment 535888View attachment 535889View attachment 535890View attachment 535891View attachment 535892View attachment 535893View attachment 535894View attachment 535895View attachment 535896

Beautiful! How big is that Steenbok?

Hi Jimmy
which area's did you hunt in.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

I’m not sure where you see about us citizens requiring a visa? Both state department and Namibian embassy say stays less than 90 days do not require a visa. That’s what it has always been.
Thats what I am finding also, not sure why the one said it was required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg