NAMIBIA: Hunting With Westfalen Safaris For Free Range Damara Dik Dik, Mountain Zebra & Springbok

Use Enough Gun

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I recently hunted for free range Damara Dik Dik, Hartmann's Mountain Zebra and Damara Springbok with Westfalen Safaris located near Outjo, Namibia. John is a consumate PH and we were able to shoot a 3 1/2 inch Dik Dik, great Mountain Zebra Stallion, and an old 15 inch Damara Springbok, along with three Gemsbok for meat, one of which was 41 inches. Juliana's food was gourmet in every respect, the accomodations were very nice and the company of the van der Westhuizen family was wonderful. We also visited the local Himba village and took a day and toured Etosha National Park. The Hartmann Mountain Zebra hunt ranks up in the top five hunts that I have had in over 13 safaris to Africa. It was tough! If you want to hunt free range and take great trophies then consider Westfalen Safaris.

DSC07195.JPG
DSC07198.JPG
DSC07205.JPG
DSC07281.JPG
DSC07307.JPG
DSC07335.JPG
DSC07441.JPG
DSC07885.JPG
DSC07470.JPG
DSC07639.JPG
DSC07889.JPG
DSC07636.JPG
DSC07480.JPG
DSC07503.JPG
DSC07535.JPG
DSC07576.JPG
DSC07701.JPG
DSC07739.JPG
DSC07747.JPG
DSC07753.JPG
DSC07755.JPG
DSC07784.JPG
DSC07828.JPG
DSC07854.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing...

Welcome aboard. Looks like an ancient cow gemsbok? - heck of a trophy - think I would have had to bring her home. Could not agree more about Hartman's. Hunted an old stallion in '08 outside Omaruru with Nick Nolte. It is a trophy which you will earn. And congrats on one hell of a dik dik.

Very well done my friend.....congrats for your good hunting and congrats to Westfalen outfit team......I guess We have the best of Namibian hunting here at the forum between Ozondahe, Ongariwanda and Westfalen outffiters........I would hunt with any of those tree in a blink of a eye with out thinking.........!!!!

Namibia is a top destination by far out of South Africa......I have alot of friends with a huge amount of good experiencie in that country.....!!!!

Well done again.....!!!!!

Congrats for a great hunt and very good trophies.

It seems that you also enjoyed the food !

Thanks for the hunting report and pictures!

Welcome to the forum Use Enough Gun! Thank you for sharing, it was an honor hunting with a committed hunter and to add us to your top five experiences in 13 years of hunting Africa. Keep well my friend

Welcome to a great community Use Enough Gun!

Beautiful trophies. Thank you for sharing your adventure with us.

R.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,