NAMIBIA: Hunting Namibia An Experience Of a Lifetime

The greatest part of the day was coming back to the compound, they had a second group there that was hunting with Gerrit's cousin Peter. They were from BC, Canada... Had all these big stories about killing tons of bears and this and that...
The first morning all we had run into was that jackal so they called us "jackal team" then we ended the first day with 2 single shot dropped kudu, they had a blesbok they took 4 shots on, and a warthog they had to track for half a day because his son-in-law shot it in the foot... Yeah we quickly went from "jackal team or "B-Team" to A team for sure.
The best part was the food, people, and conversation after the hunt. The trigger time for a hunter is priceless. Our 3rd day we took 4 animals! The Canadians took 2! We had the skinners working until sun down!

I'm assuming you were hunting with Elandpro...so did you observe or pursue any eland?

Yes ElandPro safari , we saw lots of eland. Even watched a bull and 3 cows slam through the outer fences right in front of us. Amazing animals, but we personally were not after any eland.
The Canadians that were there did have several opportunities at some nice bulls and either missed the shot or missed their chance.

Have you been to their game ranch?

great photos thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing. Great photos from what had to have been an amazing trip.

Wow, fantastic. You combined two of the best things to do in Namibia, hunting and tigerfishing. Have you caught some Nemwe (Briem) too?

We fished a bit for Briem, but had no luck landing any. The catfish barble Wayne caught. I caught 8 tigers all about 1-2 lbs no big ones, Wayne caught lots but only landed i think it was 3 total, but he had the largest one at about 2.5-3lbs... Still not big but better than nothing. The experience and catching something was enough for us!
I would go back in a second if I had piles of money. But I will go back to see them again soon.

sounds like a great time was had, fantastic photos , thanks for them , they are always appreciated
you and your mate took some really nice animals
some of culls were crackers, too
thanks for sharing your memories with us , all

wouldn't want to go for a swim there lol thanks for sharing!

A fantastic hunt and fish trip! Great pix and stories. Love those fish eagle pix, I can almost hear the scream. Saw lots of them on the Okavango delta in Botswana in 1990, long time ago now. Thanks for a trip down memory lane. Great stuff!

I tried to open their website but it wont work, maybe we crashed it!

Last edited:
Great post! Love Namibia, true what you say about the food, people and conversation - EPIC INDEED......!

Awesome Post! I could not see it but what were the rifles/Calibre's used?

I took my Kimber 8400 in 300WSM Accubond 185 grain.
Wayne took his Nosler Rifle in 35 Whelan shooting 250 grain accubonds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boob415

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.