NAMIBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Hunters Namibia Safaris?

Rob404

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member of,,Caribou Hunt Club, Stock and Barrel Pistol Range
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Looking for some hunting reports etc

My family spent a week there and it was awesome. It is a first class outfit. Trophy quality was excellent.It is technically fenced but it is realistically free range.I have also hunted at another outfitter in South Africa who consistently gets good reviews and I would pick Hunters Namibia hands down.Marina is your hostess and is a unique source on the history of Namibia which makes fireside in the evening very interesting. I would return in a heartbeat as would all of my family including my non hunting spouse and daughter. The hunting son and hunting daughter and I of course would return.Their attention to detail was outstanding.

My family spent a week there and it was awesome. It is a first class outfit. Trophy quality was excellent.It is technically fenced but it is realistically free range.I have also hunted at another outfitter in South Africa who consistently gets good reviews and I would pick Hunters Namibia hands down.Marina is your hostess and is a unique source on the history of Namibia which makes fireside in the evening very interesting. I would return in a heartbeat as would all of my family including my non hunting spouse and daughter. The hunting son and hunting daughter and I of course would return.Their attention to detail was outstanding.
Thanks for the reply any pictures you can share

I haven’t hunted with them but I met Marina at SCI 2017. I talked to several references, some of which were well known names in hunting. Everyone had nothing but glowing praise for the operation. I’d hunt with them in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the reply,

@bonehead What were some of the activities you did with your non-hunting spouse? We're planning to go there in October and trying to find some activities for my wife.

we did several things, some with all and some with my wife and my girls while my son and I hunted more. All were well organized.One daughter did a separate photographic safari on site with a driver/guide and hiking is an option.We went to the animal rehab facility where big cats are rehabbed, to the local school that they support ,and went sand surfing /4 wheeling
on the huge dunes which is pretty cool. We did one night at their house in Swakapmond at the beachand did a seal cruise. Marina took my wife into town shopping. my girls really enjoyed spending a morning with Hannok the chef learning to cook some Namibian dishes. Some of these are combined to be more time efficient,for example the dunes are on the way to the beach. They tried hard to accommodate us, but it is easier to get it all done if they know what you want ahead of time.

we did several things, some with all and some with my wife and my girls while my son and I hunted more. All were well organized.One daughter did a separate photographic safari on site with a driver/guide and hiking is an option.We went to the animal rehab facility where big cats are rehabbed, to the local school that they support ,and went sand surfing /4 wheeling
on the huge dunes which is pretty cool. We did one night at their house in Swakapmond at the beachand did a seal cruise. Marina took my wife into town shopping. my girls really enjoyed spending a morning with Hannok the chef learning to cook some Namibian dishes. Some of these are combined to be more time efficient,for example the dunes are on the way to the beach. They tried hard to accommodate us, but it is easier to get it all done if they know what you want ahead of time.

That's awesome to hear. I'm slowly getting my wife on board with everything, but I'm also trying to do a little expectation management.

my wife has been hinting, now demanding to return to Africa.
Maybe when she retires in 2 years. She needs a knee replacement but won't get it done.
I told her if she wants to go to Africa or out West spot and stalk she has to have the surgery.
So, she is now considering the surgery next summer during school break so she can possibly have a hunt in 2022.

I hunted with them in June of 2015. I selected them from reading "Ask the Namibian Guides" by Diana Rupp. (https://www.safaripress.com/ask-the-namibian-guides.html ). Hunter's Namibia Safari was the DSC Outfitter of the year in 2014.

This is a link to my hunt report: https://www.africahunting.com/threads/namibia-hunters-namibia-safaris.22881/

My wife, daughter and another couple and their son all had a wonderful seven day PG hunt. The accommodations and food are 5 star! Hunting is great, fairly flat 50,000 acres with a few koppes to climb. Great place to go to WOW the wife.

A few months after we hunted with them, Joof Lamprecht passed away. But his very able wife, Marina, has carried on the operations.

I did have one issue with the hunt: The day we arrived, we got there around 1pm. Got settled into the lodge and had a late lunch. About 4pm, we went to the range and shot our rifles. By the time we were done and driving back to the lodge, it was getting dark. We didn't hunt the day of arrival. Yet we got billed for a hunting day. Now if you look at it from a "hotel" perspective, billing by number of nights, is okay, but most other hunting places don't bill as a hunting day the day of arrival.

I would recommend hunting with them, just get the billing thing sorted out ahead of time. When we go to DSC or Houston SC shows, we always stop and visit with Marina.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!