Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)
After my 10 day hunt in Zimbabwe, I met my wife, daughter and another couple in Joburg. We flew to Windhoek the next day and did a 7 days plains game hunt in early June, 2015 at Hunter's Namibia Safari, owned by Joof and Marina Lamprecht. These folks were named the 2014 Outfitter of the Year by the Dallas Safari Club. Marina does a great job hosting and taking care of everyone. The lodge staff is fantastic, with great attention to detail. Great place, with 2 different lodges that are both 5 star accommodations and gourmet dining. Great hunting, particularly Oryx, Hartebeest, Black Wildebeest and Waterbuck. This was the first hunt for my 21 year old daughter (who got the urge after going on a photo safari to Chobe last year). She was able to take several nice trophies (Hartebeest, Oryx and Zebra). The property is about 50,000 acres and is located about an hour from the airport.

My only complaint was how they bill "hunting days." We were billed for 7 hunting days and really only hunted 6 days. They considered the day we arrived as a hunting day and we really didn't hunt. We arrived just after noon time, had lunch and got settled into our rooms. Later in the afternoon, went to the rifle range and everyone shot. It was after 4pm by the time everyone was done, so we "hunted" our way back to the lodge. Despite this, I'd go back again. If you want to impress a non-hunting spouse, this is a really nice place to go and spend some time. My non-hunting wife would ride around with my daughter and me during the afternoon hunts, but would skip the morning hunts. We combined photo safari and hunting safari during the afternoons and it worked great.

bluey

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers SFP
Hunted
australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)zambia
welcome to AH ,
sounds l;ike a fun trip
what did you hou hunt in Zimbabwe
. love to pictures from both your adventures

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)
A few photos from the June 1-8, 2015 plains game hunt at Hunter's Namibia Safari.

Attachments

• 2015 Namibia with Hunter\'s Namibia Safaris.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 214

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats for the great hunt and nice trophies !

Thanks for sharing.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Welcome to AH. Great first posts.

Thanks for sharing your hunt and photos. Hunting with your daughter is pretty special.

All the best.

gillettehunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Namibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
Glad you Had a good safari. I had to comment on the billing policy. That alone would keep me from booking with them. Your first day was NOT a hunting day. I would not of been happy. Bruce

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Thanks for paying your AH taxes. :)

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Welcome 375 Ruger!

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Welcome and congratulations on some fine trophies. I too will make my first safari in September to Namibia. I of course am no authority on Africa but from my research your first day is NOT a hunting day it's considered a travel day at a lesser rate. Usually they charge the first and last day at observer rates.

Biddleman

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Articles
Member of
Delta Waterfowl
Hunted
USA, Botswana
Congrats on an excellent hunt. Looks like a wonderful time with the family.

As Bruce said the "hunting day" you were charged wasn't a hunting day. I'll be sure to add them to my places not to go.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Thanks for the hunt report!

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.